We need separate forums for the major Carib. Schools!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewDragon

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
why can't this site has separate forums for some of the major Carib. schools. That is what that valueless md site has. And it is their only advantage.

There is no limit as how many forums that you can have on here. So I suggest that you guys should set up a few more forums just for the Carib. Schools.

that valueless md site is totally valueless, and it is run by lunatics who can't make up their own minds, they change their rules by the seconds. I don't like to use that site.

So instead of getting spammed by those idiots advertising their valueless site, why don't you set up more forums? That will totally put them out of business, since your site has so many users to begin with! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Exciting changes are already planned and are coming soon to the SDN International section.

Everyone: feel free **to Private Message** me with your ideas. What features, Forums, information, etc., etc., would you like to see? No idea that even might be reasonable will go unconsidered.

Thanks, and I look forward to your replies in my Inbox!

And please, let's keep this away from bashing us versus them tones!

Originally posted by NewDragon
So instead of getting spammed by those idiots advertising their valueless site, why don't you set up more forums? That will totally put them out of business, since your site has so many users to begin with! :clap:

I don't think so. ValueMD will not be put out of business. Tons and tons of people visit that site for foreign medical schools now. Hardly anyone posts here anymore.

And their Step 1 board is also taking off.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by NewDragon

I think the better argument would be that creating additional forums would nicely complement this site's credibility. :)

-pitman

Originally posted by DATtaker
Tons and tons of people visit that site for foreign medical schools now. Hardly anyone posts here anymore.

Maybe you should qualify that statement.

I find it interesting that the most popular forum there is Ross. But aside from forums/threads for particular Carib schools, which not so ironically would be the main vested interest for the site, the number of new threads (since beginning of Nov.) in the Foreign Med section is of the same order as here -- ValueMD: 30, SDN: 24. I didn't go through all the forums there (I'm lazy), but I did do a pretty good sampling and found that recent posts are clustered in a handful, particularly among Carib school forums.

ValueMD has certainly gotten a recent increase in traffic (from very close to nil a couple months ago), mostly due to redesign. SDN will redesign, and then site policies will duke it out for the eyeballs.

Of course, design is infinitely more visible than policy, forever rendering policy marketing to underground methods.

-pitman

Like I said before, I don't like that valueless web site at all.

The imbeciles who run that site don't follow their own policies. They delete messages arbitrarily. They ban anyone without warning. It was just a few weeks ago that they say that it is still ok to post in the old forum. :eek:A few weeks later, their policy changed again. Now they say that that old forum is for archiving only, so no one is allowed to post in the old forum? :confused:

So I am like, who are you people? Either you smoked too much, or you just have no memory.

I can't wait to use the new forums! Meanwhile, I found another good site to post messages about Ross, if you are interested, let me know!
:clap:

Originally posted by pitman
Maybe you should qualify that statement.

I find it interesting that the most popular forum there is Ross. But aside from forums/threads for particular Carib schools, which not so ironically would be the main vested interest for the site, the number of new threads (since beginning of Nov.) in the Foreign Med section is of the same order as here -- ValueMD: 30, SDN: 24. I didn't go through all the forums there (I'm lazy), but I did do a pretty good sampling and found that recent posts are clustered in a handful, particularly among Carib school forums.

What are you saying, once SDN creates seperate boards everyone will move over. ValueMD has already established itself as a pretty good place to get info.

Comparing the number of new threads doesn't really work.

I wanted to find out info about Ross, SGU and St. Christopher's. By just reading those 3 forums I can get so much more information and students talking than here.

What makes you think everyone will move over here after some redesign. Network54 was always popular with caribbean schools. Many people just come to SDN for Aussie schools.

Originally posted by soopa
What are you saying, once SDN creates seperate boards everyone will move over. ValueMD has already established itself as a pretty good place to get info.

Comparing the number of new threads doesn't really work.

I wanted to find out info about Ross, SGU and St. Christopher's. By just reading those 3 forums I can get so much more information and students talking than here.

What makes you think everyone will move over here after some redesign. Network54 was always popular with caribbean schools. Many people just come to SDN for Aussie schools.

um, no I didn't say that.

soopa, take a look at what I was responding to in that post -- the claim that "Hardly anyone posts here anymore" -- to which a simple (and objective) thread count does respond.

and yes, I implicitly acknowledged that for Carib schools ValueMD has a lot of threads, precisely why you have gotten a lot of info on them(!). SDN also has a lot of info on Carib schools, but the site layout does not lend as well to finding it. A redesign here, as it did there, if done well WILL result in more traffic, but there's no reason to believe that people would have to "move" from one to the other -- sites can and do complement one another.

please don't put words into my mouth.

-pitman