Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How were your stats - GPA, PCAT score, etc... and when did you submit your application? Thanks in advance! :)

GPA : 3.4
PCAT: 84

submitted late September

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received an interview invite for December or January yet?

Hey guys!

For those of you admitted already, I just created a facebook group where we can talk about classes, housing, events, ect. It's not affiliated with the school in anyway but just a place where we can get to know each other before we start classes next fall.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/494437540578715/

Spread the word!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think many ppl got admitted yet. They only had 2 interviews I believe

I figured I'd share some of my stats to know where some of you might be standing.

I E-submitted my PharmCas app in on October 20ish and they finished calculated my GPA around mid. Nov. on a friday evening. I heard back from wayne on the following Monday morning! So they were really quick with their response. WSU asked me to pick my interview date between Dec. 6th and early January. I was told the afternoon interview spots were filled for dec. 6th; however, there were a few morning spots if i wanted to be interviewed on that day. I picked the morning interview date on Dec. 6.

I have a 3.68 overall GPA and 3.75 WSU pre-pharm GPA.
BS in Honors Biology and Co-majors University Honors( Wayne state university)
Pcat score: 92
I have a whole bunch of extracurricular activities; however, wayne doesn't heavily rely on this(as I'm told).

I figured I'd share some of my stats to know where some of you might be standing.

I E-submitted my PharmCas app in on October 20ish and they finished calculated my GPA around mid. Nov. on a friday evening. I heard back from wayne on the following Monday morning! So they were really quick with their response. WSU asked me to pick my interview date between Dec. 6th and early January. I was told the afternoon interview spots were filled for dec. 6th; however, there were a few morning spots if i wanted to be interviewed on that day. I picked the morning interview date on Dec. 6.

I have a whole bunch of extracurricular activities; however, wayne doesn't heavily rely on this(as I'm told).

Your stats are good. You should get admitted right after the interview :)

Hey guys,

I was hoping some of you could provide me with some guidance, and what you truly think my chances are of getting accepted. Here are my stats:

3.49 Overall GPA

95th PCAT score

Lots of extracurricular activities - both pharmacy related and not pharmacy related. I just want some honest opinions. Thanks in advance.

If your pre-req GPA is good and you're a competent interviewee than you should get accepted

has anyone heard back from the December 6th interview?

I have an interview Jan. 10. Anyone else? Does anyone know approximately how many spaces in the program are left?

I interviewed on 11/12. Havent heard anything back yet...

I've heard that about 50% of the seats are filled.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you hear that?

I know someone that recently graduated from Wayne. She told me that.. She might have "insider" information, or she could be just assuming it... Either way, I know they accepting ppl faster then they did previous years.

Did you hear a response yet? Your stats seem pretty good.

Hey guys! I got accepted yesterday December 11th. My interview was on December 6th at 12 in the afternoon. My overall GPA is 3.49 and 95th PCAT score. I have LOTS of extracurricular activities. I felt like my interview went really well! I submitted my application a couple of days before November 1st, I think it was October 28th, so pretty late. I wish you all the best of luck!

Hey guys! I got accepted yesterday December 11th. My interview was on December 6th at 12 in the afternoon. My overall GPA is 3.49 and 95th PCAT score. I have LOTS of extracurricular activities. I felt like my interview went really well! I submitted my application a couple of days before November 1st, I think it was October 28th, so pretty late. I wish you all the best of luck!

Congratz. I'm still waiting to hear back. Had my interview 11/12

I'm getting worried lol

Do you know when they stop sending out acceptances? I interviewed on October 30th and haven't heard back yet :/

Do you know when they stop sending out acceptances? I interviewed on October 30th and haven't heard back yet :/

They will send out a majority of the acceptance somewhere around late January.

What are your stats?

Congrats!!! I think I was in your group.... This has to be one of the most competitive class ever, every score I have seen is 90 and up.

Hey guys,

I just answered Tamra's e-mail to schedule an interview on Jan, 14th. Why is it 3 hours long? I'm kinda nervous !
My stats are: 3.76 GPA, 79th percentile PCAT.. not a lot of extracurricular activities; some pharmacy volunteer experience, work 30+ hours, I also went to MCC primarily with a few classes at WSU.

Thoughts? and congrats to everyone who got accepted !

Hey guys,

I just answered Tamra's e-mail to schedule an interview on Jan, 14th. Why is it 3 hours long? I'm kinda nervous !
My stats are: 3.76 GPA, 79th percentile PCAT.. not a lot of extracurricular activities; some pharmacy volunteer experience, work 30+ hours, I also went to MCC primarily with a few classes at WSU.

Thoughts? and congrats to everyone who got accepted !

Stats seem good, I wouldn't worry much.. Is Wayne State your first choice?

Stats seem good, I wouldn't worry much.. Is Wayne State your first choice?

Wayne State is the closest to me. I have another interview at Buffalo-SUNY so far. So i'm still debating whether to stay close or move away.

Wayne State is the closest to me. I have another interview at Buffalo-SUNY so far. So i'm still debating whether to stay close or move away.

Same here. Im debating weather to move out. I have an interview at Midwestern in January.

We'll see what happens.. Wayne usually sends out majority of there acceptance around late Jan, early Feb..

I have an interview here on Thursday. Wayne is my first choice...does anyone have advice for me as far as the interview process? I would really appreciate it!

I have an interview here on Thursday. Wayne is my first choice...does anyone have advice for me as far as the interview process? I would really appreciate it!

What are your stats?

As far as the interview goes, its really straight forward... They might ask you a general question such as to talk a little about yourself and the following questions build up on that. Its more of a conversation.

There is also a writing portion where you are given a situation and they want to see how you would handle that situation.

Good Luck

They will ask you the following questions:

Why pharmacy?
Why Wayne State?
How are you prepared for the academic rigor of grad school?

They will ask some followup questions as well, but the interview felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interviewed on Dec 6th, Accepted on Jan 3rd. 2013 is off to a GREAT start!!!

Anyone here still waiting to hear back? I interviewed on Nov 12, havent heard anything yet... Getting worried

So Wayne State is a $1,000 richer since I'm withdrawing my application. Hopefully someone here gets my spot and good luck to everyone :)

Anyone here still waiting to hear back? I interviewed on Nov 12, havent heard anything yet... Getting worried

I know a few people that still have not heard back. They are probably going to compare your app to the people that interview in January and February and then get back to you then. I believe the last interview is early February.

Mine was in Dec did they send u an email saying: be advise we are still reviewing candidate and that not the offer were sent yet....?

What are your stats?

As far as the interview goes, its really straight forward... They might ask you a general question such as to talk a little about yourself and the following questions build up on that. Its more of a conversation.

There is also a writing portion where you are given a situation and they want to see how you would handle that situation.

Good Luck

My stats aren't especially impressive. 3.2 GPA, 82 PCAT. However, I have recommendations from a professor in the school of medicine and also the president of one of the clinics where students do rotations. It's hard to say, but I think the interview went well.

My stats aren't especially impressive. 3.2 GPA, 82 PCAT. However, I have recommendations from a professor in the school of medicine and also the president of one of the clinics where students do rotations. It's hard to say, but I think the interview went well.

I think you're fine. You should get accepted. Where else did you apply?

I got that same email today as well, interviewed yesterday.

Oh I see....I hope its just a standard email they are sending out to everyone that interviewed at this point....unless they got in, of course
...thanks for replying!!!

I applied to 19 schools. I was accepted at Wayne today, and that's where I'll be going! It was my first choice.

Woah....congrats!!!! Thats awesome!!! Hopefully I'll join you there....Wayne State is a great school....and my first choice!

where is wayne university and do u have an idea of applying to austria medical universities ?

where is wayne university and do u have an idea of applying to austria medical universities ?

Wayne State is in Detroit, MI. Sorry, I don't know anything about applying to austria medical universities, although there may be information on this site....good luck!

I got my acceptance letter this past Tuesday :)

Interviewed on Jan 14th and got accepted the next day! wooooo!

Hello, I was interviewed for the WSU pharmD program last week, and I was wondering what my chances were for acceptance. I have a 50 on my pcat and about a 3.3. I know these scores are not high but is it possible?

Hello, I was interviewed for the WSU pharmD program last week, and I was wondering what my chances were for acceptance. I have a 50 on my pcat and about a 3.3. I know these scores are not high but is it possible?

You would have a chance with a higher PCAT score. Your chances are really low

Still have heard nothing back....it's been two and a half weeks since my interview....I'm starting to get anxious....I've heard nothing back...I hope the class isn't already full....I did get accepted to another school...and that was only a few days after my interview....I don't plan on going there, though...
I was planning on calling the admissions office just to check in...but don't want to harass the staff...has anyone here called to check in with their application status?

Last edited: