2016 Wayne State University c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDfoLife3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I thought we could share our journey for WSU together. I'm currently in my 4th year at WSU and pursuing a degree in biology. I had my interview and was just newly deferred. I'm curious to see how everyone else is doing. Feel free to post!!

Members don't see this ad.

Glad to see that someone finally started a thread! I applied to Wayne this year and have an interview for January 11th. This is my 3rd year in college but my first year at Wayne. How did you feel that your interview went?

Glad to see that someone finally started a thread! I applied to Wayne this year and have an interview for January 11th. This is my 3rd year in college but my first year at Wayne. How did you feel that your interview went?

I felt that it went well. It was very conversational and the professors were both very friendly! Good luck to you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got a deferral. How did you guys like the school?

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I actually got in about two weeks ago and Im pretty excited to start. I wanted to see if anyone else had a research based interview session ?

Hey Guys, I actually got in about two weeks ago and Im pretty excited to start. I wanted to see if anyone else had a research based interview session ?

What do you mean? My interview was all about why I wanted to do pharmacy and more generalized, really no research based questions for me. They look at your resume before the interview and that's how they pick their questions, so if you've done research before then that's probably why they focused on that.

I just got accepted from the Jan 11 interview session. My interview wasn't research based they were more interested in the experience I have in both inpatient and outpatient pharmacy practice. I agree that they pick the questions based off of the resume that you send them. Wayne was my first choice school so I am beyond stoked to be starting here in the fall. Does anyone know if we have a class group on Facebook yet? One of the P1 students said that it is good to be in the group because people post updates and deadlines in there.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how many students have been admitted into the program for fall of 2016? I had my interview a few days ago and they said we would know something by this Thursday, which freaked me out because its a shorter turn around time than usual which may mean they have most spots filled up. Its the only school I want to go to and I have been obsessing, I just need to know what my status is, been sweating bricks all week.

Does anyone know how many students have been admitted into the program for fall of 2016? I had my interview a few days ago and they said we would know something by this Thursday, which freaked me out because its a shorter turn around time than usual which may mean they have most spots filled up. Its the only school I want to go to and I have been obsessing, I just need to know what my status is, been sweating bricks all week.

They have all their spots filled now, since I am placed on a wait list. Unless someone drops, then the next person on the wait list would take over the seat.

I got deferred and then put into the alternate list but just got accepted recently

Reactions: 1 user