Wayne State interviews and admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the school will contact you once they receive your deposit? Congratulations to everyone that has gotten accepted!!! So excited to meet everyone!!!

how long does it take for the letter to reach once the acceptance has been sent by email?
do we have two weeks after we get the letter to hand in the deposit? or the email?

Members don't see this ad :)
how long does it take for the letter to reach once the acceptance has been sent by email?
do we have two weeks after we get the letter to hand in the deposit? or the email?

My e-mail came on February 18 (thursday), the official letter came February 26 (the following friday), and they wanted the deposit by March 10. So I had just less than 2 weeks to get it there, which I sent it on Monday and they received it on Tuesday. I only know that because I did priority mail so I could track it.

So hey does anyone know what goes on during both orientations? Is it a typical have dinner meet people and smile type of deal? Also I know it's early but when is wayne's white ceremony?

So hey does anyone know what goes on during both orientations? Is it a typical have dinner meet people and smile type of deal? Also I know it's early but when is wayne's white ceremony?

Dinner would be nice but that's pretty not typical for student orientation. You must been out of school for a while. Basically, everyone shows up in a room or lecture hall and counselors and teachers give everyone a pep talk to familiarize you with the campus, college, program, financial aid, how to use the websites, how to not get mugged by a crazy person, etc.

Last year the White Coat Ceremony was on Aug. 25, so I imagine it will be in Aug too.

Dinner would be nice but that's pretty not typical for student orientation. You must been out of school for a while. Basically, everyone shows up in a room or lecture hall and counselors and teachers give everyone a pep talk to familiarize you with the campus, college, program, financial aid, how to use the websites, how to not get mugged by a crazy person, etc.

Last year the White Coat Ceremony was on Aug. 25, so I imagine it will be in Aug too.

actually yes i was out of school for awhile lol, actually last time I had an orientation was freshman year of high school in 98. anyway thanks for the info!

hi!

congrats again all who got in and good luck to those still waiting.

are there any other interview dates or is the wayne class full already?

hi!

congrats again all who got in and good luck to those still waiting.

are there any other interview dates or is the wayne class full already?

I don't think the class is full but I'm sure interviews are over unless something changed

Has anyone who found out their acceptance, about two weeks ago, get their official letter in the mail yet ???

Members don't see this ad :)
Well guys I have been officially put on the alternate list:( I feel like such a failure.

Well guys I have been officially put on the alternate list:( I feel like such a failure.

Why? don't say that, first of all you weren't rejected and second just because you didn't get in yet doesn't make you a failure, what makes you a failure is giving up. I really wish you the best

That's okay. Feeling down means you care about how well you do. You can utilize that to drive you towards future success. One thing stressed by survival experts is to think positively. I say, work proactively to strengthen your application. There are many resources out there that can help you with that. Here is one site that lists most of the points.

http://www.medical-school.ws/waitlist.php

BTW, if this helps you get in, you owe me pizza and beer :D

That's okay. Feeling down means you care about how well you do. You can utilize that to drive you towards future success. One thing stressed by survival experts is to think positively. I say, work proactively to strengthen your application. There are many resources out there that can help you with that. Here is one site that lists most of the points.

http://www.medical-school.ws/waitlist.php

BTW, if this helps you get in, you owe me pizza and beer :D
Well the thing is, I have already been accepted to two out of state schools (both Midwestern campuses). But I would greatly prefer to go to Wayne or Ferris State instead since Midwestern would leave me with a HUGE debt to pay after pharm school.

Well the thing is, I have already been accepted to two out of state schools (both Midwestern campuses). But I would greatly prefer to go to Wayne or Ferris State instead since Midwestern would leave me with a HUGE debt to pay after pharm school.

Meh, that's not so bad then. There's no reason why you have to pay out of state tuition for 4 years. I've heard someone can claim instate tuition usually after a year or so of living there.

Last edited:
hey, anyone knows what's the date of the orientation in May?

Meh, that's not so bad then. There's no reason why you have to pay out of state tuition for 4 years. I've heard someone can claim instate tuition usually after a year or so of living there.

This isn't entirely true. It depends on the school and the state in which he/she will reside. I know some schools will not let you change your residency status during your tenure. And some states will not let you become a resident, if your sole purpose for residing there is school. So he/she should definitely check before a decision to go to an out-of-state school is made.

This isn't entirely true. It depends on the school and the state in which he/she will reside. I know some schools will not let you change your residency status during your tenure. And some states will not let you become a resident, if your sole purpose for residing there is school. So he/she should definitely check before a decision to go to an out-of-state school is made.

Well, I said it was usually after year...so of course he should check. I've also heard it's as short as 6 months in some places. I bet ya he didn't even know he had those options.

Well, I said it was usually after year...so of course he should check. I've also heard it's as short as 6 months in some places. I bet ya he didn't even know he had those options.
It does not matter anyways. They are both private schools.

hey, anyone knows what's the date of the orientation in May?

On PharmCAS it said May 15. During my interview I actually asked the interviewers about it and I mentioned that it said May 15 which is a saturday and they were shocked because normally it is a week day. The only reason I asked was because my sister is getting married at the end of may and I am trying to plan everything out. I hope we hear about it soon.

Congrats to all of you who were accepted. I interviewed on Feb 9 and haven't heard anything yet. I am sort of unsure what to think at this point. Interviews are over by now right? Do you think I should call them? I just don't want to seem pushy... or maybe I am just afraid they will tell me right over the phone that I was rejected :scared:.

Congrats to all of you who were accepted. I interviewed on Feb 9 and haven't heard anything yet. I am sort of unsure what to think at this point. Interviews are over by now right? Do you think I should call them? I just don't want to seem pushy... or maybe I am just afraid they will tell me right over the phone that I was rejected :scared:.

Look just call them they were nice when I called, I know ppl who interviewed before you and haven't heard anything yet. Also they accept ppl all through summer from what i heard. Anyway I wish you nothing but the best and hopefully see you in the fall.

I called Tracy today and she told me I was accepted.

Very, very excited
:soexcited:

Congrats to all of you guys who have been accepted. Great job!

*sighs* no nothing has changed. And with my luck, it probably never will.

I interviewed on Feb 1st and haven't heard ANYTHING back. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago to ask about when i should hear back and they said they don't really have a specific timeline. It's been two whole months!!! WHAT should I do? Should I just give up all hope now?

I interviewed on Feb 1st and haven't heard ANYTHING back. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago to ask about when i should hear back and they said they don't really have a specific timeline. It's been two whole months!!! WHAT should I do? Should I just give up all hope now?

No dont give up, I called them a lot, they take people even in the summer you never know

Oh yea of course. I was just curious. I wonder when they are going to start pulling people off of the waiting list.:(

Oh yea of course. I was just curious. I wonder when they are going to start pulling people off of the waiting list.:(

From what I heard, they would take people off the list all summer! weren't you accepted to midwestern? also don't they start in june?

I got accepted but will be declining the offer. Good luck to everyone waitlisted!

From what I heard, they would take people off the list all summer! weren't you accepted to midwestern? also don't they start in june?

I ended up getting accepted to both midwesterns actually. If I do not get into Wayne or Ferris I will be going to Midwestern Chicago campus (and they start in september).

I just got accepted today. Woot Woot. This was really unexpected because I interviewed on Feb 9 and it had been so long I thought it may be bad news when I heard back. (FYI it was in my junk email, So glad I double check it before I delete)

Good Luck to anyone who is still waiting.

I just got accepted today. Woot Woot. This was really unexpected because I interviewed on Feb 9 and it had been so long I thought it may be bad news when I heard back. (FYI it was in my junk email, So glad I double check it before I delete)

Congrats!!! I wonder how many spots are still open? anyway see you in the fall

I got accepted today too, but I had interviewed all the way on January 14th. (The first interview date lol) Anyways, I will be attending U of M instead so that will open up a spot for someone!

I just got the good news today as well! I don't know what to say!

no ****!!!!!!!!!!!!! what did I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL yea thanks a lot. I honestly didn't believe in myself and I should not have been too hard on myself. But all of that really does not matter right now.

See you guys in September

I need to pay the $1,000 deposit fee by May 6. To what exact address do I mail the check out to? Is it the same address that is on the letter that comes in the mail?

I need to pay the $1,000 deposit fee by May 6. To what exact address do I mail the check out to? Is it the same address that is on the letter that comes in the mail?

Call them or do what I did and go there and pay it off

I got my e-mail a week ago! They had told me I was not accepted "as of yet" when I e-mailed them about a month ago but it changed! :) So don't worry about it if you haven't heard an answer yet, even though I was spazing out for months before! ( I had an early interview too!)

Anybody get mailed anything about the orientation?