Wayne State Closed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sscooterguy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The chairperson at my school told me Wayne State's program just shut down. Any one know why? That means 8 spots less for the region I'm headed....

sscooterguy

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, I wasn't sure it was for certain... yet.

sscooterguy said:
The chairperson at my school told me Wayne State's program just shut down. Any one know why? That means 8 spots less for the region I'm headed....

sscooterguy

One of my friends just got the podiatric surgical residency program at DMC. He said he was told by an ortho resident that Wayne State's program was shutting down but he didn't say why.

Members don't see this ad :)
what happens to those residents in a case like this? scramble for another spot? does the program help place them? curious.

-J

I heard there was interest by St. Johns and Oakwood hospitals in picking up the residency. I was also told the reason they're not accepting people is not because the residency is gone forever, but that there is too much uncertainty regarding their contract with the DMC that they wouldn't in good faith accept new residents until they knew what the future was.

Another wayne student here...I heard the same thing as ddom. I also heard (not sure how true this is) that if they do resolve the contract issue that they would scramble all of their spots.

In regards to current residents, they can go to any program that will take them. The program doesn't need to have available spots either. Their salary is already paid by the ACGME.