This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mak MD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I haven’t seen a thread for Wayne State yet and thought I’d get things going. I applied back in early March and was accepted to the program 1 week ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do either of you know if there is any linkage between the BMS program and the WSU medical school?

Do either of you know if there is any linkage between the BMS program and the WSU medical school?
Pretty sure I remember reading that there wasn't a direct link to the med school (like there isnt an advantage compared to other programs). Its a good program that's well respected though

Pretty sure I remember reading that there wasn't a direct link to the med school (like there isnt an advantage compared to other programs). Its a good program that's well respected though
Will you be attending the program?

YEPP! ill be there haha. there's a good chance we'll see each other
Do you know if they have shared any other information about the program? I RSVP'ed for the orientation, although I didn't receive a return email

I am a current BMS student if anyone has any questions feel free to reach out! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, just accepted my admission today!

I have a bit of a scheduling problem though. I'll be commuting to WSU and it's a 45 min drive one-way if there's no traffic. I've read through previous threads that most people do Phys I + Biochem during Fall and Phys II + Pharm during Winter. Unfortunately, those classes don't stack, so I'd be on the road for nearly 2 hours for like 1-1.5 hours of class for both fall and winter semesters.

I do want to take biochem in the fall because I plan on taking the MCAT in Jan or March of 2019 and I feel it'll help me, so I don't mind if I have to drive a lot in fall. It's Michigan winter driving that I'm nervous about. @Donna Moss do you have any advice? Is there another class I could take during Winter instead of Pharm that meets MWF? Is pharm even helpful for mcat?
**Edit: Uhhh I might be losing it but I swear they had the Winter 2019 class schedule up but now I don't see it...**

Also, are we supposed to wait until orientation to register for classes or can we go ahead and do it ourselves?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I will post tonight tentative schedule options for Fall and Winter in response to @mskim.

There are approximately 80-100 students that start in the Fall. Many from Umich, MSU and Wayne state. A mixture of pre-med and pre dent

Most people commute from the suburbs during BMS but many people can live nearby in University Towers or Studio 1 apartments.

For those who did BMS, how did it change your study habits?

I heard classes like Pharm or Physio have little room for error on exams because there's only a couple of them.

Has anyone received any information since acceptance? Was there a payment that was needed to hold a seat or anything? Just haven't received anything and making sure I'll be okay for the orientation.

Perfect, Thank You! Feel like I haven't heard much from the program, but I am sure that will all be covered at orientation.

I feel the same way. I heard that a lot is covered at orientation from previous years.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel the same way. I heard that a lot is covered at orientation from previous years.
Did you get a confirmation email or anyhting after RSVP'ing to the orientation. I know I'm probably worried for no reason but I never got anything back.

Did you get a confirmation email or anyhting after RSVP'ing to the orientation. I know I'm probably worried for no reason but I never got anything back.

No, I didn't get anything either. I don't think you should worry as long as your accepted you're good just show up

It feels so weird to go to orientation without any kind of reminder/update email but oh whale.

Reactions: 1 user

I received a confirmation but that's only because I had gotten a second email about RSVPing. Confused, I sent a secondary confirmation and got a response that time. I'm not sure why they don't respond to everyone's email, seems strange?

Hi, I am thinking about starting the BMS program this upcoming winter in January and most people seem to suggest taking physio II and pharmacology to begin. I was wondering from people that have done this program previously in the past if it is a good idea to take physio I before taking physio II (is it doable or is it a good idea to take physio I before physio II)? Also is it a better idea to start in the fall with physio I and biochem or is starting in the winter with physio II and pharmacology fine? Thanks!

I have been looking into this program but curious on how the timeline works with applying to medical schools. I understand that most apply to schools after completing the fall/winter with around 20 credits. But my question is if you have to have the application in by August 1st, do classes start the next August or the end of that month?

Hey is anyone taking PSL 7680 (endocrinology with Rillema)? Or know anyone who has taken it?

I'm currently registered for Pharmacology but am thinking of switching into Endo. I'm wondering how the courseload/average grades compare for the two.

Thanks!

I am a current BMS student if anyone has any questions feel free to reach out! :)
Hello, I know they usually recommend you take biochem and physio 1 the first semester, I have good study habit skills and wondering how was it for you the first semester? anything you wish you knew before you came in ?