Waxing tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chicago_predental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just started D1 last week, and I am having a bit of trouble with my wax ups. So far, we have done a crown on #8 and a veneer on #8, as well. I always manage to have a very bulky facial aspect, as well as undercontoured contacts. Also having trouble carving out the lingual fossa. Thanks for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

The beavertail burnisher was my favorite tool for waxing. I'd bulk up then shape with the burnisher. Did this for dentures too and it was 💯😍

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The beavertail burnisher was my favorite tool for waxing. I'd bulk up then shape with the burnisher. Did this for dentures too and it was 💯😍
I'll try this! So far managed to get the marginal ridges down for my fossa but its the shaping into a V and reducing how prominent the ridges are that is the tough part for me

My two cents: ask the faculty which 2nd year was one of the “good” ones with waxing and/or hand skills. Approach that student and ask for pointers. I did that and it jump started me as he had great tips that reduced my learning curve versus figuring stuff out on my own.

Reactions: 1 users
My two cents: ask the faculty which 2nd year was one of the “good” ones with waxing and/or hand skills. Approach that student and ask for pointers. I did that and it jump started me as he had great tips that reduced my learning curve versus figuring stuff out on my own.
This is a great idea! I have sim tomorrow so Ill ask them :)

Reactions: 1 user