Waterloo Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canuck2424

Future OD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows, Waterloo has started giving out interviews for the entering class of 2006.... :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Yup, they had interviews today already.

ML1983 said:
Yup, they had interviews today already.
I know...I Had one today :D Not sure when the first ones actually were though...Just as a public service message.

Mark

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know when they usually do the interviews for non-UW students?? Thanks :)

that would be for internal applications only, i bet. non-internal should be end march/april/maybe early may, my guesses.

any hints on questions asked?

Anyone know if they'll still doing interviews for internal applicants? I haven't been contacted yet :confused:

waterloo accepts applicants without interviews right? perhaps you are one of the lucky ones! :) -- just being optomistic! good luck!

curious if anyone has found any stats for waterloo ie. # interviewed vs. # accepted? i've been trying to look everywhere :(

I got my offer today. april 7, here i come. approx same timing as last year.

time for people to post up questions.

anyone else?

tybuff said:
I got my offer today. april 7, here i come. approx same timing as last year.

time for people to post up questions.

anyone else?

congrats! what province are you in?

So far I haven't heard anything, and I'm from Saskatchewan. Maybe that isn't a bad thing though....

powerpuff said:
congrats! what province are you in?

Manitoba.

pre opt sku: you should be hearing something soon. i wouldn't take a lack of notification as a guarantee of admission, either. the only people that i know who have gotten in without an interview had to decline it b/c of being out of the country at the time.

tybuff said:
Manitoba.

pre opt sku: you should be hearing something soon. i wouldn't take a lack of notification as a guarantee of admission, either. the only people that i know who have gotten in without an interview had to decline it b/c of being out of the country at the time.

Don't worry, I'm not assuming that lack of interview= acceptance. I guess I'm just being optimistic since I got nothin' so far. I know two people who were accepted last year without interviews, for no reason other than they just chose to not interview them (they weren't out of town or anything). GOod luck on your interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Chuffsla said:
Anyone know if they'll still doing interviews for internal applicants? I haven't been contacted yet :confused:
Nevermind about that now. I'm not worried anymore :D

pre_opt_sku said:
Don't worry, I'm not assuming that lack of interview= acceptance. I guess I'm just being optimistic since I got nothin' so far. I know two people who were accepted last year without interviews, for no reason other than they just chose to not interview them (they weren't out of town or anything). GOod luck on your interview

yup. if you are qualified, you'll do fine. just a little more nerve wracking this way though, eh? it sucks! but so does having ot prep for an interview. arg

ugg...everyone is so smart. I'll be applying to Waterloo next year with a 3.58 if all goes according to plan...and I just don't think that's good enough to get in :( . Even if I get a 360 on OAT, I think the gpa is what they love to see.

I'll apply next year, but it's likely I'm US bound. If anyone gets accepted to waterloo with a GPA similar to mine, please let me know! and please mention what OAT score + extracurriculars you had!

Thanks!

Just thought I'd mention that waterloo has started to offer interviews to external applicants within ontario (as opposed to out of province).

Jimmy

what should i wear to my interview??! i have no clue! i know there's bigger thing to worry about..but i still wanna look sharp, but not over the top! like is a blazer jacket too much? casual business dress? any suggestions would be great!

powerpuff said:
what should i wear to my interview??! i have no clue! i know there's bigger thing to worry about..but i still wanna look sharp, but not over the top! like is a blazer jacket too much? casual business dress? any suggestions would be great!
I would do the casual business dress. I know that at the interviews they conducted here at Waterloo, the interviewers apparently were very casually dressed (e.g. wearing jeans). Still, it would be good to show up dressed a little bit nicely.

Thanks for the reply. yeah i think i'll do the business casual thing - the whole suit thing seemed a bit much - esp if they are wearing jeans! Hmm anyone know if we should bring anything with us? they weren't really specific with interview details other than date and room number! do we have to bring any id? forms? clipboard?

powerpuff said:
Thanks for the reply. yeah i think i'll do the business casual thing - the whole suit thing seemed a bit much - esp if they are wearing jeans! Hmm anyone know if we should bring anything with us? they weren't really specific with interview details other than date and room number! do we have to bring any id? forms? clipboard?

just show up

I would stongly suggest you go with the suit - thats what all applicants I have known did. Getting into a professional program is serious business, you should look the part.

really..suit? maybe it's better to be safe than sorry? :confused: wow now i am kinda confused..anyone else have their interview yet? and i'm not trying to make a big deal out of it - but one less worry is good :thumbup:

I agree with Jefguth, go with the suit. I wore a full suit, tie and all to my interview and everyone I know who is in our 1st year class did as well. Yes, some interviewers will be in Jeans because they are researchers, but if you get someone who works in the clinic they will be wearing a tie and if you show up "casual business" how do you think that will look? Don't give the interviewers any reason to reject you, especially something as trivial as dress. Better to overdress than underdress