Waterloo Housing 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshinexox

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! congrats on getting in!

I was wondering if anyone who already attends waterloo could tell me a little bit about the housing. Where do the majority of the optometry students live?

Is the Columbia Lake Village style housing popular? how far is it from the optometry school? and would you get paired with other optometry students?

thanks in advance!

sunshinexox

Members don't see this ad.

Hello

I wouldn't say there is a place where "majority of students live. Everyone kind of lives all over in apartments, townhouses, houses etc. Here is a webiste that can help you find a place http://www.och.uwaterloo.ca/

I think there were maybe 5 or 6 people from my class that lived at CLV in first year. Some of them were paired together (not all!) It's probably about a 10 - 15 minute walk to the school from CLV.

Another thing to consider is that there is a bus pass automatically put into your tuition. So, no matter where you live, as long as there is a bus route near by you can take the bus for "free".

Hi again, thanks for the website!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which buses run close to the optometry building. I heard there was a bus stop right outside the building and I was wondering which buses stop there.

Also any suggestions for apartment buildings? My main interest is being close to the school.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
the optometry building is kind of by itself. I would recommend finding a place along Columbia Street. Another option is finding a place farther north of the campus where the bus routes go. But I would recommend finding a place on Columbia or off of it. There are quite a few new apartment/suites being constructed right now that are planned to being up and available for Fall 2008.

Hi everyone!

For anyone interested...
I have two bedrooms available in a townhouse.
The house has 3 rooms in the second floor and a basement room. There's a shared common areas such as kitchen, dining area, and living room. There are two bathrooms-- one full bathroom and a guest bathroom. It's got a laundry facility in the house and one garage for the unit.

The house is located approximately 30min walk from the campus. There are bus stops near the place... If you are going to have access to a vehicle, there are parking spots available.

There's no gender preferences.
Looking for clean, organized, roommates...

If you want more details please contact me!

Hi, I am looking for a couple of females to live with in residence, UWPlace. I have heard it is very close to the OPTOM building which is my main preference. I am looking for QUIET people. :)
Please msg me.

I believe that UWP is already full for next year. I dont believe there are any spaces for people even in optometry. If you have a spot at UWP, you most likely (99%) have roommates already in place for you if you did not apply to UWP with them.

a ao! thats bad....didnt have a spot...didnt know it was already full...guess now i am looking for a couple of first years (optom) who are Quiet to live off campus with...