Washington University of Health and Science, Belize Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDXDOC4U

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied or been admitted to Belize Campus - Washington University of Health and Science for the upcoming Fall 2018 semester term?
I am interested in conversational exchange with any students from there, or alumni, or residents from here doing clinical rotations in the US.
This is not a discussion about Caribbean schools, but instead to gauge student performances during the 4 years, clinical rotations coordination, student loans, residency match chances, etc. All of these can help me and those who have received the acceptance package from here. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone applied or been admitted to Belize Campus - Washington University of Health and Science for the upcoming Fall 2018 semester term?
I am interested in conversational exchange with any students from there, or alumni, or residents from here doing clinical rotations in the US.
This is not a discussion about Caribbean schools, but instead to gauge student performances during the 4 years, clinical rotations coordination, student loans, residency match chances, etc. All of these can help me and those who have received the acceptance package from here. Thanks!

i got a 3.81 GPA and 4 grad degrees and attending in May 2018. Similar to all others, just cheaper. I am spending money on UWORLD, SUCCESS ACADEMY, AND PAST USMLE TESTS so saving money on the tuition makes sense. no debt.

i got a 3.81 GPA and 4 grad degrees and attending in May 2018. Similar to all others, just cheaper. I am spending money on UWORLD, SUCCESS ACADEMY, AND PAST USMLE TESTS so saving money on the tuition makes sense. no debt.

Yeah, no.

When their Facebook page congratulates one of their alumni for matching into a preliminary general surgery spot (AKA preliminary limbo) at Maimonides Medical Center (already a huge thread on how malignant their surgery program is) and actually appears to be stuck in prelim limbo (because, with a little detective work, it looks like she's a PGY-2 in the Class of 2018, so way early to graduate from general surgery which is at least 5 years long) ...

... That's a huge ****ing red flag.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, no.

When their Facebook page congratulates one of their alumni for matching into a preliminary general surgery spot (AKA preliminary limbo) at Maimonides Medical Center (already a huge thread on how malignant their surgery program is) and actually appears to be stuck in prelim limbo (because, with a little detective work, it looks like she's a PGY-2 in the Class of 2018, so way early to graduate from general surgery which is at least 5 years long) ...

... That's a huge ****ing red flag.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Are you sure???

Their ad says "TOP CARIBBEAN MEDICAL SCHOOL"...and no MCAT required. Seems like an easy choice for most, I mean who wouldn't want to be at the best???

Reactions: 2 users
Pretty much ALL med schools are the same: material, tests, order of curriculum. So, if you graduate from a US med school and pay $300K, you still still have to work as hard as a Carib/CA med school. just with $80K in debt.

Pretty much ALL med schools are the same: material, tests, order of curriculum. So, if you graduate from a US med school and pay $300K, you still still have to work as hard as a Carib/CA med school. just with $80K in debt.

Keep telling yourself that and come update us on match day if you still think it's the same.

Reactions: 1 user

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Look, some of us have graduated from medical school and interviewed residency applicants. Take it from us.

did you ever end up attending the school?