War with Radiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think the numbers are 15% (and most probably declining) ;) My source is a newsletter from a recent meeting in Radiology.
As I said, I know of two neurosurgery residents in IV fellowships.. The field is being controlled by Radiologists currently however, the new 'Endovascular neurosurgeons' will take over within next 10-15 years. I told you guys to check Kassam :) Its only natural that neurosurgeons do it because they spend 7 years of their lives training to operate on the brain and know the neuroanatomy inside out. With endovascular neurosurgery, everything will be done IV.. from brain tumor removal to clot busting..

Could you please give the citation for Kassam et al.? Thanks for the info, but I bet all the information we are getting is biased in various directions. I also know many neurosurgeons doing endovascular fellowships--the thing is simply that if interventions for stroke become successful, you will likely see the field shift towards neurology. If not, then it will continue to shift towards neurosurgery. Also, Kassam appears to be an "endoscopic" neurosurgeon. You are not mistaking endoscopic for endovascular are you?

B

Members don't see this ad.

Could you please give the citation for Kassam et al.? Thanks for the info, but I bet all the information we are getting is biased in various directions. I also know many neurosurgeons doing endovascular fellowships--the thing is simply that if interventions for stroke become successful, you will likely see the field shift towards neurology. If not, then it will continue to shift towards neurosurgery. Also, Kassam appears to be an "endoscopic" neurosurgeon. You are not mistaking endoscopic for endovascular are you?

B

Would somebody please kill this thread? It become unintelligible after the first page of post. BTW Kassam, really cool down to earth guy, I was once a patient of his and had a few cool discussions with him, just thought I'd add that.

Would somebody please kill this thread?

Here, here.

I could care less about war with radiology/NSG/whatever. All this thread is filled with is posts from stubborn people, who'll never change their minds no matter how many facts you give them!:thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
Dudes, I am not saying that in 15 years Neurosurgeons and Radiologists will deal with Stroke, implant Stimulators for Parkinson's and Alzheimer's, cure Epilepsy by brain implants, thus completely eradicating the field that would be archived as 'Neurology'... :)

So, dont take it too seriously. :D

you should feel right at home with all the FMG's they are your "peps"...

"Who needs the Quicky Mart" Slushy? "Thank you come again"

Apu- (future radiologist )

1. you are a disgrace to the uniform
2. you are a wannabe officer
3. you are a disgrace to the medical community
4. you'd better learn to respect Indian physicians.....one is likely to be your boss or superior if you go into the private sector
5. If Apu OWNS a 7-eleven, I think your brother/step father (think about it) would be working the register or cleaning the toilets :laugh:
6. Most FMG's would wipe the floor with you knowledge-wise
7. I dare you to call any Indian doc a "pep" to his face (instead of doing it in a forum where you are anonymous, you coward) We'll see how cocky you are after he/she files a lawsuit against your ass and you get kicked out of the hospital you are working at.

1. you are a disgrace to the uniform
2. you are a wannabe officer
3. you are a disgrace to the medical community
4. you'd better learn to respect Indian physicians.....one is likely to be your boss or superior if you go into the private sector
5. If Apu OWNS a 7-eleven, I think your brother/step father (think about it) would be working the register or cleaning the toilets :laugh:
6. Most FMG's would wipe the floor with you knowledge-wise
7. I dare you to call any Indian doc a "pep" to his face (instead of doing it in a forum where you are anonymous, you coward) We'll see how cocky you are after he/she files a lawsuit against your ass and you get kicked out of the hospital you are working at.

Is it really necessary to revive a month-old thread just to attack another member (even if he did make a stupid comment)?

Is it really necessary to revive a month-old thread just to attack another member (even if he did make a stupid comment)?

if i didnt think it was necessary i wouldnt have written the comment, would I.

he should be kicked out of SDN for his comments, people have been kicked out for a lot less.