wanted PGY2 position in neurology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sinusoid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,
Looking for a PGY2 position in neurology anywhere for July 2011 or July 2012 or any out of match spot. Please PM me if you know of such.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello friends,
Looking for a PGY2 position in neurology anywhere for July 2011 or July 2012 or any out of match spot. Please PM me if you know of such.

There are a number of spots (I believe 5?) in neuro on residentswap.org that are shown as available.

Thanks for sharing your what you found. Many of the spots in residentswap are filled ALREADY by the time we contact them. The posting just stays longer. Some don't reply if they are filled. The programs may be starting to recruit on their own and use these online resources as a back up.
So I am wondering if you all know of alternative ways of finding out of match spots :(

Members don't see this ad :)
you can do the old fashion way and call one program at a time and check them off as you go and go through the entire list of programs out there

But the practicality is that you need to keep on doing this because a program may not have a spot when I call them and may have one open up a few weeks later !
Sounds like there is no one easy way.....would like to know what someone has done successfully in the past, to find out of match PGY2 spots in advanced programs.:luck:

totally agree with sinusoid - programs seem to already have multiple other avenues to try and recruit for an out of match advanced/unexpected spot as even though we send application materials almost the same day as the posting is seen online, the program has either already filled or interviewing within 2 days.

it would really help if someone who has successfuly got one of these spots to help others know their method of applying etc...

Sinusoid - one question - how do you send the LORs to any open spot? Do you have copies of LORs that you send to the program directly or actually request some of your previous attendings to mail out the letter to the program directly?

thanks for any help and Good luck!

Cleop76:
Yes, I think all the advanced position seekers would benefit/ help each other if folks can share successful experiences of obtaining out of match spots.
About letters: I think the program would tell you how to send the documents, some had mentioned ERAS.
Good luck !

Well, I am looking to swap.. I am in the mid-west in a middle-tier program.

This one is posted today. PGY-2 Opening

Program Director: Sheryl Haut Address:
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Department of Neurology
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Bronx, NY 10461

Phone: (718) 430-3166
Fax: (718) 430-3237
Email: [email protected] Web site: http://www.einstein.yu.edu/neurology/index.aspx Description: The Neurology Residency Program of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (AECOM) offers its participants a wide range of opportunities for both clinical and scientific training. The program includes required rotations through the services of three major academic medical centers (Montefiore, Jacobi and Einstein). There are electives in all the major subspecialties. The training program consists of three calendar years of instruction in clinical neurology, with substantial amounts of elective time. In addition, many neurology residents take a specialized fellowship. There is a full schedule of specialty rounds (neuromuscular, epilepsy, ophthalmology) held weekly at both major campuses. Grand Rounds are held weekly at the Montefiore campus. A list of invited Grand Rounds speakers and topics for the eighteen months is appended at the back of the brochure. Additional Grand Rounds speakers were chosen from the AECOM faculty.

Next Steps: Applications accepted via e-mail - please submit 3 LOR's, Dean's Letter/MSPE, Medical School Transcripts, CV, all exam scores. Applicants must have passing scores on USMLE. IMG's must have ECFMG certificate and one year US clinical experience. If you have any questions, please contact Shari Archilla, Neurology Residency Coordinator at [email protected]