Wanted - Exceptional Interventional Pain Physicians - Washington, DC Region

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alpamayo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
National Spine and Pain Centers (NSPC) is the largest interventional pain group in the United States. We have 34 offices (located in Maryland, Virginia, New York and Washington, DC) and continue to expand along the mid-Atlantic region. For our Maryland division (15 physicians in 11 offices), we are currently seeking exceptional interventional pain physicians. These are partnership tracks. Must be business oriented and a go-getter. Each office has administrative, clinical and marketing staff - which allows the physician to focus on patient care and guiding the practice. Our procedures are done in our own outpatient ASCs. We do not work in hospitals, nor on weekends. Call is by phone and shared by all [which means 2 on-calls / year]. Average annual income as a partner is $550k and ranges up to $800k. Quality of life can’t be beat. Each office is 30-45 minutes from either Washington DC or Baltimore – which host 6 professional sports teams, award winning restaurants, world renowned museums, the National Mall, and Inner Harbor. You are less than an hour from sailing on the Chesapeake Bay, or skiing in the Appalachians. For those of you with families – the schools are some of the best in the country. Interested? Contact Abdul Soudan, MD [[email protected]]. Please include your CV, and provide a couple of sentences that describe your interest in living in Maryland. For Fellows, please include your graduation date.

Members don't see this ad.

National Spine and Pain Centers (NSPC) is the largest interventional pain group in the United States. We have 34 offices (located in Maryland, Virginia, New York and Washington, DC) and continue to expand along the mid-Atlantic region. For our Maryland division (15 physicians in 11 offices), we are currently seeking exceptional interventional pain physicians. These are partnership tracks. Must be business oriented and a go-getter. Each office has administrative, clinical and marketing staff - which allows the physician to focus on patient care and guiding the practice. Our procedures are done in our own outpatient ASCs. We do not work in hospitals, nor on weekends. Call is by phone and shared by all [which means 2 on-calls / year]. Average annual income as a partner is $550k and ranges up to $800k. Quality of life can’t be beat. Each office is 30-45 minutes from either Washington DC or Baltimore – which host 6 professional sports teams, award winning restaurants, world renowned museums, the National Mall, and Inner Harbor. You are less than an hour from sailing on the Chesapeake Bay, or skiing in the Appalachians. For those of you with families – the schools are some of the best in the country. Interested? Contact Abdul Soudan, MD [[email protected]]. Please include your CV, and provide a couple of sentences that describe your interest in living in Maryland. For Fellows, please include your graduation date.[/QUOTE]

National Spine and Pain Centers (NSPC) is the largest interventional pain group in the United States. We have 34 offices (located in Maryland, Virginia, New York and Washington, DC) and continue to expand along the mid-Atlantic region. For our Maryland division (15 physicians in 11 offices), we are currently seeking exceptional interventional pain physicians. These are partnership tracks. Must be business oriented and a go-getter. Each office has administrative, clinical and marketing staff - which allows the physician to focus on patient care and guiding the practice. Our procedures are done in our own outpatient ASCs. We do not work in hospitals, nor on weekends. Call is by phone and shared by all [which means 2 on-calls / year]. Average annual income as a partner is $550k and ranges up to $800k. Quality of life can't be beat. Each office is 30-45 minutes from either Washington DC or Baltimore – which host 6 professional sports teams, award winning restaurants, world renowned museums, the National Mall, and Inner Harbor. You are less than an hour from sailing on the Chesapeake Bay, or skiing in the Appalachians. For those of you with families – the schools are some of the best in the country. Interested? Contact Abdul Soudan, MD [[email protected]]. Please include your CV, and provide a couple of sentences that describe your interest in living in Maryland. For Fellows, please include your graduation date.

What they don't mention is their reputation for being so cheap that they don't reimburse interview expenses,(the only physician practice that I've ever know not to do so) and their practice of churning and burning younger graduates, paying them peanuts, while saying.... "work hard, hold the company line and sure you'll make $500K", but neglecting to mention how many don't become partner.

I see they are still looking for fresh grads to work for peanuts while supporting the weight of the senior partner salaries......

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What they don't mention is their reputation for being so cheap that they don't reimburse interview expenses,(the only physician practice that I've ever know not to do so) and their practice of churning and burning younger graduates, paying them peanuts, while saying.... "work hard, hold the company line and sure you'll make $500K", but neglecting to mention how many don't become partner.

I see they are still looking for fresh grads to work for peanuts while supporting the weight of the senior partner salaries......
In Reply to Bedrock -

I recently made partner with the group (NPSC), and have gone through the process first hand. Thanks for your opinion. Now, here are the actual facts.

No, we do not pay for the cost of the interview.

We hire only the top candidates. Therefore, ALL fellows hired directly out of their training programs have made partner. Track to partnership is 2 years. During that time, between base salary and performance bonuses, employee physicians make at least $300+K per year. While you have to work hard, I was typically out the door no later than 4:30 - 5 pm. Call is nearly nonexistent. The company provides the physician, at no cost - front office staff, marketing, medical assistants, nurses - which allows you to build up a busy practice from day 1. Upon partnership, there is no buy-in - that office is now yours to run.

Have a good one...

In Reply to Bedrock -

I recently made partner with the group (NPSC), and have gone through the process first hand. Thanks for your opinion. Now, here are the actual facts.

No, we do not pay for the cost of the interview.

We hire only the top candidates. Therefore, ALL fellows hired directly out of their training programs have made partner. Track to partnership is 2 years. During that time, between base salary and performance bonuses, employee physicians make at least $300+K per year. While you have to work hard, I was typically out the door no later than 4:30 - 5 pm. Call is nearly nonexistent. The company provides the physician, at no cost - front office staff, marketing, medical assistants, nurses - which allows you to build up a busy practice from day 1. Upon partnership, there is no buy-in - that office is now yours to run.

Have a good one...

Alpamayo, do yourself a favor, and don't respond to the comments on this board. Because if you do.... And if you allow us to get into the nitty-gritty, you will be eaten alive by the members here

Alpamayo,

Don't listen to SSdoc33, we on this forum are a bunch of kittens...

Can you please share with the forum the avg number of pts (new, return, procedures) per day you see as a partner?

Red Flag

Not paying for interview, are you F''king kidding me?

Fixed

Alpamayo,

Don't listen to SSdoc33, we on this forum are a bunch of kittens killers

Can you please share with the forum the avg number of pts (new, return, procedures) per day you see as a partner?

The word "exceptional" is a red flag or me. It depends on priorities. I could be the most skilled pain doc in the world, treating pts professionally with a strong ethical code but only see 7 pts/day; am I "exceptional"? What if I see 70 pts a day doing every procedure that has a code and bring in lots of $$$?

The word is meaningless. It's bait for people who want to be accepted. These tend to be the inexperienced.

alpamayo, would you mind telling us some simple facts about your practice?

how many patients a day, roughly? how many procedures? med management/opioid management? any inhouse call? are there non-partner tracks too?

you say all fellows have made partner - how many might that be (i.e you arent the first, are you)?

it might help candidates.

FYI, I am not looking right now, but if I was I would not consider a job that does not pay for interview and not doing so speak volumes about how you plan to treat the fresh meat once they sign on. That assumption may be wrong but that is the impression it gives.