Want to practice your derm on me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jojocola

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys today i woke up with this on my right arm. Then throughout the day i noticed that there are some spots, not as much, on my left arm as well. Also, later i noticed that I've been scratching my crotch a lot today, its a sad sight because theres lots of bumps there as well. Its bad on my upper inner thighs (near the crotch heh i dont know the medical term for crotch). And just right now after i took a shower i noticed that i have it in under the knee as well.

Feelings: extremely itchy, lots of heat in the areas of irritation

pictures!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/lylaznjojo/DSC00193.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/lylaznjojo/DSC00196.jpg

Areas of inflammation and swelling/irratation
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/lylaznjojo/meinflammed.jpg

No, I'm not trolling. These are actual pictures of my arm.

And after you have taken a guess....
This morning i went to an emergency room at the medical center I volunteer at(My PC doc was closed cuz it was sunday). He had said my arm is breaking out because I am allergic to something. And that the itchyness near my crotch is "jock itch" which is due to a fungus. He said that they were not related. However, i did not tell him, neither did i know myself at the time, that it had spread to my under my knees (not inside but the other side of your knees, no idea what that is called) and on my knees.

anyway, So he Rx'd me:

1% hydrocortisone cream (apply 3 times a day) (mild steroid, redues inflammation and swelling)
1% clotrimazole cream (2 times a day) (fungal disinfectant)

You guys can guess lol, and have fun with my misfortune. But I believe the irratations are related, because they are all around joints. Except for my balls, i have no idea why they are on my balls( and fore arms.. or is it forarms or is it... forearms). As if my balls were not itchy enough normaly. Maybe its the room ive stayed at. I think it hasnt been dusted or vacuumed in a while. I, at first, thougth they were dust mites but now i dont think so. Actually, i think its gotten worse since i typed this, im in the same room right now , but i could be wrong.

oh well i digress, tommorrow I am going to my PC doc, hopefully this will go away. I didnt know i was allergic to something, or maybe its something i ate.

:thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

I have just read the "i have a rash" posts will be deleted.

I have not opened this thread for personal medical advice, it was intended to help people whom wish to try there wits and learn from my "rash"es. I completely understand if my thread gets deleted though. :oops:

Okay, well it took me a while to get back on from all this sleeping I've been doing. But this is what my PC doc said, if you were wondering =). He said it was most likely an allergic reaction, probably from something i ate. He Rx'd me:

disp: Hydroxyzine HCL 25mg tablet By Pliva
presc: Atarax 25MG tablet
3x a day by mouth

Mometasone Furoate .1% ONT by SANDO
Ointment apply 2x a day

I see results so, i guess he was right. Hope someone learned something, heh.