Want to meet in Prague?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jencali

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am new in Prague and I want to meet as many fellow students as possible.

I put my profile here:

www.studentzone.eu

I think this is a great idea, check out my profile and maybe we can meet up.

Jan.

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to Prague!!!

Hey guys, quick question. Is Charles University in Prague really accredited in all 50 states? I am gonna apply there and I was just wondering.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Brown Sugar,
Well "Charles University" is a very broad term as it is composed of almost 13 different faculties (in different subjects). Out of these 13 faculties, 5 of them are medical. They are:
1st faculty of Medicine, Prague
2nd faculty of Medicine, Prague
3rd faculty of Medicine, Prague
Faculty of Medicine, Hradec Kralove
Faculty of Medicine, Plzen

Amongst these faculties, only the Charles First Faculty of Medicine is CA-accredited (which entitles only to work in all the 50 states). There are only 4-5 English programs in Europe which are CA-arredited and the First Faculty is the only one in the Czech Republic that's one of them (the other 4 CA-accredited schools are in Poland and Hungary).

Hello,

I was referring to faculty of medicine in Hradrec Kralove. I am sending in my application materials. By the way, exactly which ones in Hungary and Poland are accredited?

Hungary:
  • Pecs University Medical School" English Program
  • Semmelweis University Faculty of Medicine (MPES)
  • University of Albert Szent-Gyorgyi Faculty of Medicine
  • University of Debrecen Medical and Health Sciences Centre
Poland
Jagiellonian University Medical College

Czech Republic
Charles First Faculty of Medicine

These are the only 6 yr. programs that are CA-accredited in the whole of Europe. (Note: All European medical schools are CA-accredited in their own respective language medium. But there are few english programs that are actually accredited)

Hey,

For Czech Republic; Did a little digging. The first, second, and third faculties are CA approved. So is Hradec Kralove. Also, Plzen, Brno, and Palacky are CA approved. Not all have english programs (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and HK have english). I don't know if they are all approved in all 50 states.

Cheers.

I've been corrected. Those are listed for their Czech language curriculum. Only First Faculty English program is CA approved. Thanks for the correction shrey.

technically it is only first fac accredited in CA but I personally know of two girls who qualified from 2nd fac and who both now work in CA. Get to any of the faculties. It is quite easy to transfer between them. You cant return to the fac you came from though.

First of all, I must tell you that it's not easy to transfer between the faculties. It might be possible to transfer from a bigger place to a smaller place (like from the 1st or 2nd or 3rd facs. to faculty of hradec kralove or plzen) but it's very hard vice versa (but nevertheless possible). For this, you have to have a very strong academic record.

I know a girl who did this (from hradec kralove to the 1st fac.) but it wasn't all that easy.