Want to go to MCG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DWNYM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I was recently rejected from MCG for the second straight year, and they told me that the thing holding me back is my GPA, and they would recommend doing an SMP. I was accepted to GA-PCOM osteopathic school. In lieu of an SMP, could I go to GA-PCOM for a year and get really good grades, then reapply to start my first year in 2013 to MCG? Has anyone ever heard of this? Would this be a viable replacement for an SMP?

Members don't see this ad.

To be clear, I do not want to turn this in to a DO vs. MD argument, it's not that I don't want to be a DO, it's that I REALLY fell in love with MCG. If I got in to Harvard and got rejected from MCG, I would reapply to MCG the year after.

Nope. If you are MCG or bust then just apply next year

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I will, I'm just asking if they would take a transcript from GA-PCOM, I don't have the money to do an SMP, because I would not be able to get financial aid.

I was recently rejected from MCG for the second straight year, and they told me that the thing holding me back is my GPA, and they would recommend doing an SMP. I was accepted to GA-PCOM osteopathic school. In lieu of an SMP, could I go to GA-PCOM for a year and get really good grades, then reapply to start my first year in 2013 to MCG? Has anyone ever heard of this? Would this be a viable replacement for an SMP?
I predict that if you asked someone at MCG their thoughts on this matter, they would recoil in horror at the thought of poaching a irreplaceable student from another physician-training program.

I predict that if you asked someone at MCG their thoughts on this matter, they would recoil in horror at the thought of poaching a irreplaceable student from another physician-training program.

Thank you for your honest answer. Much appreciated!