MD WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wipwop

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Stats wise, be more confident in your application. You have a number of schools who will yield protect against your application. The only person stopping you is you.

It would help if you had some non-clinical volunteering off campus, but you have enough that on the surface it doesn't bother me much. I don't know what you are saying is your purpose as a physician based on your activities described, though I have a sense.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree with Mr. Smile. Additionally, many of those schools value service, so they will not understand why you are applying to them in the first place. There is still about 2 months left, you can begin volunteering off-campus at a place like the local soup kitchen, food bank, homeless shelter etc. as the high-stat schools still like to see students involved in the community.

I suggest:

Yale
JHU
WashU
Vandy
Upenn
Vanderbilt
Emory
UVA
Hofstra
USF Morsani
Rochester
Albert Einstein
Sinai
MCG (I have a sibling finishing up here, really like it)
Mercer
St Louis
Wisconsin Madison
U Iowa
Jefferson
Miami
Pitt
Northwestern
Colorado
Brown
Mayo
Duke
Ohio State
Case
Cincinnati

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Everything appears to be in order, with the exception of maybe doing further community service. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I am going to add: given your limited transportation, I tip my hat on your campus garden volunteering, and it does help your application. If you still can't find other opportunities while on campus that fit your schedule, keep doing that.

You're a rock star. Aim high.

Status
Not open for further replies.