WAMC upcoming cycle CA resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redbull6

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Any suggestions of what I can do to strengthen my application extracurricular wise would be appreciated as well. Thank you in advance!

Any suggestions of what I can do to strengthen my application extracurricular wise would be appreciated as well. Thank you in advance!
get a high DAT score...

Members don't see this ad :)
Date of submission: upcoming cycle will submit June 1
Overall GPA: 3.9
Science GPA: 3.9 (1 B in Gen Chem 2)
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.9
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
Taking it April 14 - I'm averaging ~20 on every section on DAT Booster
State of Residence: California

Undergrad Attended: public university in Kentucky (out of state student)
Major: Biology
Minor: English literature and Chemistry
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 200 shadowing hours
Volunteering Experience: was VP of philanthropy for my sorority and led a philanthropy event raising over $10,000; lead bi-weekly English conversation club for international students on campus
Employment: 1,000+ hours worked as a dental assistant (2.5 years of experience)
Research: 8 hours/week in stem cell research lab; started 4 months ago, will start a honors senior thesis to graduate with Biology departmental honors next semester
Other Extracurriculars: student tour guide; work for the president (greet and check in guests at presidential dinners, set up commencement, basically any events involving the president I will be there helping out); organic chemistry 2 TA (1 semester) gen chem 1 TA (1 semester)
Relevant Honors or Awards: none
LOR type and strength: organic chemistry 2 professor (strong; finished 5th out of 120 students and am his TA now); biology/research professor (strong); dentist (VERY strong - a new practice where I was the first staff they hired)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: graduating early (3years) so I won't have many important upper level Biology class grades on my transcript when I apply (such as Biochemistry and microbio which I'm taking in the Fall); my BCP GPA will be from 58 credits taken by the time I apply

School list:
UCLA - top choice
USC
UCSF
UOP
Columbia
even if you get an good DAT score, your list is too short
those are 4 of the top 10-12 most difficult to get into schools
and TBH, you will probably get yield managed out of USC unless you get less than 20 on your DAT...

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck on the DAT. That week dictate your school list.

By the way, volunteering usually involves more direct interaction than just fundraising. Can you break down that activity in terms of hours of bona fide service?