WAMC to get more interviews at better schools for this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted812153

3.3, 3.3 507, mid-tier ECs for DO
-----

I'm currently 1 for 7 on DO interviews. 1 acceptance, TUNCOM. Great place, loved the people, but not entirely sold on it.

Are there any statistics on how many interviews are remaining at places like UNE and PCOM? What can you do at this point to increase your odds of admission at this point?

Thanks,
-DJT

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
-----

I'm currently 1 for 7 on DO interviews. 1 acceptance, TUNCOM. Great place, loved the people, but not entirely sold on it.

Are there any statistics on how many interviews are remaining at places like UNE and PCOM? What can you do at this point to increase your odds of admission at this point?

Thanks,
-DJT
If you are 1 for 7... something is off, in my opinion.

Reactions: 3 users
If you are 1 for 7... something is off, in my opinion.

Are you bringing his interview skills into question? Correlation does not equal causation.... But I do know the CAUSE! It’s his damn user name! Even a troll has better taste in troll etiquette...

Members don't see this ad :)
In a similar boat...waiting on a few pre-II holds to hopefully come through this month.

Are you bringing his interview skills into question? Correlation does not equal causation.... But I do know the CAUSE! It’s his damn user name! Even a troll has better taste in troll etiquette...
No I'm saying something, interviews, LOR's, something

Now that I think about it, I think it was only 5, so 1/5. NYIT, ARCOM, TUNCOM, Touro NYC, KCU. I can break down exactly when each school decided to reject me during the interview lol. My life is almost greentext level social awkwardness, I'm doing my best here :(

What can I do at this point to boost my odds at other schools?

Now that I think about it, I think it was only 5, so 1/5. NYIT, ARCOM, TUNCOM, Touro NYC, KCU. I can break down exactly when each school decided to reject me during the interview lol. I'm doing my best here :(

What can I do at this point to boost my odds at other schools?
Don't make the same mistakes. Learn and grow from them

Schools still can send interviews, but schools like UNECOM are only interviewing for the waitlist.

Did you mention Trump in your interviews? That tends to trigger people.

Reactions: 4 users
-----

Thanks,
-DJT

Are you not happy with TUNCOM acceptance? If you are not entirely sold on it give chance to someone else :-( unless its your backup.

-----

Thanks,
-DJT
Impossible to say.

Take that acceptance if I were you!

Most schools accept 50%+ of interviewees, so your 20% (one out of five) success rate means your interviewing skills are well below average.

At this point, who cares? You're in. Congratulations!

Eventually, though, you should try to improve your interviewing (and general communication) skills so that you're prepared for residency matching and the post-residency job search.

but not entirely sold on it.

I would suggest getting used to the idea that this is probably where you are going. Most likely your cycle is over. Congrats, you’re going to medical school, and there are much worse options out there than TUNCOM

Are you not happy with TUNCOM acceptance? If you are not entirely sold on it give chance to someone else :-( unless its your backup.

Uh yeah no.

Thanks everybody for your advice!

It's a great school and easy my top choice out of my interviews, but... I dunno, I never feel good enough. Always wanted to feel like part of the elite and all.

Last edited by a moderator: