WAMC...TAMU???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

divergent14

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I already know my odds are slim, but I just thought I'd throw this out there just in case anyone thinks it might be worth a shot applying to TAMU....
Resident: CA
GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.3
Last 45 GPA: 3.72
Vet Hours: 1,000 - experience with cats, dogs, and sheep
Research experience ~50 hours with cattle
Animal Hours: ~600 - primarily cat and dog. will be volunteering at a wildlife rehabilitation this summer.
Extracurricular: Leadership experience 2 summers in a row helping freshmen adjust to the university and being their mentor, I've been a notetaker for 3 semesters, I'm in the pre-vet club, volunteer at an animal shelter, and other small things but these are what immediately come to mind.

I'm just trying to figure out where I will apply this cycle as I was not accepted the last cycle anywhere (my 1st cycle). I know TAMU is a stretch, so I thought I would ask for input on here before spending a few hundred $$ applying :rofl: I know my science GPA is low, but I went through some trauma my freshmen year of college and my Gen. Chem 1 and Gen. Bio 1 grades were not an accurate representation of my academic abilities, which tanked my GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I already know my odds are slim, but I just thought I'd throw this out there just in case anyone thinks it might be worth a shot applying to TAMU....
Resident: CA
GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.3
Last 45 GPA: 3.72
Vet Hours: 1,000 - experience with cats, dogs, and sheep
Research experience ~50 hours with cattle
Animal Hours: ~600 - primarily cat and dog. will be volunteering at a wildlife rehabilitation this summer.
Extracurricular: Leadership experience 2 summers in a row helping freshmen adjust to the university and being their mentor, I've been a notetaker for 3 semesters, I'm in the pre-vet club, volunteer at an animal shelter, and other small things but these are what immediately come to mind.

I'm just trying to figure out where I will apply this cycle as I was not accepted the last cycle anywhere (my 1st cycle). I know TAMU is a stretch, so I thought I would ask for input on here before spending a few hundred $$ applying :rofl: I know my science GPA is low, but I went through some trauma my freshmen year of college and my Gen. Chem 1 and Gen. Bio 1 grades were not an accurate representation of my academic abilities, which tanked my GPA.
boosting this post as I'm still looking for any insight!

You're pretty close the average for the OOS applicant pool, but a little below the stats for OOS admits. I guess it depends on how stellar the rest of your application is, and what the rest of the applicant pool looks like when you apply.

You're pretty close the average for the OOS applicant pool, but a little below the stats for OOS admits. I guess it depends on how stellar the rest of your application is, and what the rest of the applicant pool looks like when you apply.
my advisor said the same thing. By the end of the summer, I'll have experience with horses, sheep, dogs, cats, cows, and wildlife. I suppose It wouldn't hurt to try to apply, you never know what will happen!