WAMC/School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kikikat

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edited for privacy.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest adding these schools:
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Tufts
USF Morsani
Miami
Duke
Jefferson
Western Michigan
St. Louis
Arizona -Phoenix

Reactions: 1 user
Who knows what will happen with your waitlists, so good luck.

What do you think was the issue? Do you have a purpose to become a physician? How did you try to tie together all the disparate activities?

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest adding these schools:
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Tufts
USF Morsani
Miami
Duke
Jefferson
Western Michigan
St. Louis
Arizona -Phoenix

Thank you so much for the list, Faha!

Who knows what will happen with your waitlists, so good luck.

What do you think was the issue? Do you have a purpose to become a physician? How did you try to tie together all the disparate activities?

Thank you! That's a great question -- I've been reflecting over this whole application year, actually. Now, I have a clearer vision of my interest in global health; my work in different fields (e.g. health education, disability advocacy etc.) has allowed me insight from a socioeconomic lens of health, and I hope to explore future global health projects from a clinical perspective with an MD (integrating my interests in radiology, etc.).

Do you think I have sufficient enough improvement with my ECs/stats to reapply? And if I were to be involved in a new research project now, would adcoms take it seriously as it is already March?

Thank you so much again for your advice!

Thank you! That's a great question -- I've been reflecting over this whole application year, actually. Now, I have a clearer vision of my interest in global health; my work in different fields (e.g. health education, disability advocacy etc.) has allowed me insight from a socioeconomic lens of health, and I hope to explore future global health projects from a clinical perspective with an MD (integrating my interests in radiology, etc.).

Do you think I have sufficient enough improvement with my ECs/stats to reapply? And if I were to be involved in a new research project now, would adcoms take it seriously as it is already March?

Thank you so much again for your advice!
Not sure the additional experience really adds that much to your application. I think you admit that there just seemed to be a lack of focus on your activities... just wanting to do everything you can, especially as you now put it under a global health umbrella. A lot of your work does a bit better with pursuing an MPH, especially as you founded your nonprofit. Depending on your project, it could add to my (small) concern that you are throwing in more activities just to chase an offer rather than committing to a project for a couple of years. Adding more spice to a dish doesn't make it better to eat.

You also admit your other problem was a small top heavy, brand-centered list. You should do better with a list of around 20 to 25 schools that are better fits with mission and metrics. Streamline your message on your purpose to pursue medicine (which I will say you still need to work on from what I read).

Not sure the additional experience really adds that much to your application. I think you admit that there just seemed to be a lack of focus on your activities... just wanting to do everything you can, especially as you now put it under a global health umbrella. A lot of your work does a bit better with pursuing an MPH, especially as you founded your nonprofit. Depending on your project, it could add to my (small) concern that you are throwing in more activities just to chase an offer rather than committing to a project for a couple of years. Adding more spice to a dish doesn't make it better to eat.

You also admit your other problem was a small top heavy, brand-centered list. You should do better with a list of around 20 to 25 schools that are better fits with mission and metrics. Streamline your message on your purpose to pursue medicine (which I will say you still need to work on from what I read).

Got it -- I see what you mean. I'll focus more on recentering my message. Thank you for the advice!