WAMC/School List. Low ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stoasty

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Dartmouth
Brown
Boston University
Tufts
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Temple
Georgetown
George Washington
Duke
Emory
Miami
Tulane
St. Louis
Northwestern
UCSD
UCLA
UCSF
UC Irvine
UC Davis
Kaiser
USC Keck
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse

Reactions: 1 user
Dartmouth
Brown
Boston University
Tufts
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Temple
Georgetown
George Washington
Duke
Emory
Miami
Tulane
St. Louis
Northwestern
UCSD
UCLA
UCSF
UC Irvine
UC Davis
Kaiser
USC Keck
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Thank you so much. Really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get those non-clinical community service hours up at least to 150 hours before applying if you can.
You should also seek mentoring organizations for aspiring Black/African-American physicians such as SNMA. You may have some connections through the Cope Scholars Program. Attend recruitment events, including any online events, that are organized by AMSA chapters at the UC schools.

Dartmouth
Brown
Boston University
Tufts
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Temple
Georgetown
George Washington
Duke
Emory
Miami
Tulane
St. Louis
Northwestern
UCSD
UCLA
UCSF
UC Irvine
UC Davis
Kaiser
USC Keck
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Isn't NYU notorious for their focus on high stats? Is a 3.4 and 514 fine for this applicant's background?

Isn't NYU notorious for their focus on high stats? Is a 3.4 and 514 fine for this applicant's background?
Yes, but the African American applicant pool is small and in recent years there have been only 150 applicants per year with a GPA above 3.4 AND a MCAT of 513+. That is one for each of the 150 MD schools in the entire country. So, if they want any diversity in their class they need to interview you.

Yes, but the African American applicant pool is small and in recent years there have been only 150 applicants per year with a GPA above 3.4 AND a MCAT of 513+. That is one for each of the 150 MD schools in the entire country. So, if they want any diversity in their class they need to interview you.
Ok thanks. I am an African American male with a 513 and a 3.45 gpa who originally wasn't going to apply to NYU because of my stats but I'll add it to the list now.

Reactions: 1 users