MD WAMC/School List Help: ORM cGPA 3.90, MCAT 506(awaiting results from 6/3) GA resident Reapp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BagChaser85

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • Stats: cGPA: 3.90, sGPA: 3.88, MCAT: 506 (129/125/128/124)(awaiting retake results), Bio major
  • Residence: GA, E01 designation
  • Ethnicity: ORM
  • Undergraduate Institution: University of GA
  • Clinical experience: Clinical Optometrist Technician and Optician (1200 hrs paid) Hospital Volunteer (100 hrs)
  • Nonclinical volunteering: Syrian Refugee Tutor (420 hours) Local Middle School math tutor (30 hrs) Various Food Drives (20 hrs)
  • Research: 800 hours in a chemistry lab with projects focused on biomedical imaging. no presentations or publications
  • Shadowing: 150 hours in various specialties
  • EC: Doctors without Borders Student Org, IM soccer, Alpha Epsilon Delta Honors Society(Philanthropy Chair), Exam Proctor(paid job), President of Paper Airplanes( A Syrian Refugee English tutoring org) at UGA,
  • LoRs: 1 from a research PI who was also my professor, 1 from Physician I volunteered for and shadowed, 1 from a Biochem Prof who is Dean of a College, and 1 from an English Prof

Last cycle, I only applied to MCG and Mercer and am WL at both. I learned my lesson and now am trying to develop a school list. My gap year is going to be spent full-time as a Research Tech at a new lab. Also, my MCAT FL avg was 522 but of course that doesn't mean anything until I get my new score back, so depending on that score I am holding off on applying to higher stat schools.

So far I am thinking of applying to:
MCG(already applied)
Mercer
Tulane
UCF
UMiami Miller
Med South Carolina
Emory
Einstein
Dartmouth
Sidney Kimmel
NOVA Southeast