WAMC? Reapplicant with low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

espdent

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: 7/5
Overall GPA: 3.2
Science GPA: 2.9
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 2.8 (Currently retaking general chemistry and hope to significantly boost)
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 23 AA 18 PAT 21 QR 26 RC 19 BIO 23 GC 25 ORGO 21 TS
State of Residence: Massachusetts

Undergrad Attended:
Vanderbilt University
Major: Neuroscience and Medicine, Health, & Society
Minor: Spanish
Minority?
Hispanic
Reapplicant? Yes
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
Over 1,000. Mostly with general dentistry but also observed ortho and a lot of pediatric dentistry.
Volunteering Experience: Very involved with the Latino community. I tutor spanish speaking immigrants in English and am a mentor for Latinx high schoolers looking to pursue a career or higher education in STEM. I also participated in a spring break service trip and was a charity runner for a marathon. Approximately 250 hours and am currently accumulating more.
Employment: Babysitting, waitressing, and tutoring.
Research: Extensive experience including some internationally. Did two summers of research at Harvard Medical School and also did research in undergrad. Masters was research-based.
Other Extracurriculars: On executive board for my university's association of latin american students. also in my pre dental society, running club, and lacrosse club. did research in university as well.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's List, Honors thesis for masters
LOR type and strength: 2 from college science professors, one from dentist I shadowed, one from master's thesis advisor
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Very low science grades freshman year, retaking courses to boost this. Upward trend in grades (Had 3.9 GPA senior year). Completed a master's in biomedical research in Spain entirely in Spanish. Fluent in Spanish and have a strong connection to my mexican heritage. Currently working as a dental assistant. Applied very late last cycle and was unsuccessful. Parents are both dentists (Father went to UConn, mother Tufts).
School list:

UConn
Tufts
BU
NYU
USC
Columbia
McGill
Oregon HSU
Rutgers
Temple
Touro
UI Chicago
UPenn
Western
University of the Pacific

Would love advice on things I should plan on addressing in my interview and any schools I should add to my list. Thank you so much for your time and help!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Can you disclose your year-by-year GPA so I can see your trends, especially sci and BCP? No grade replacement is allowed in calculating AADSAS GPA's.

I will also hope you have connections with the HDA, SNDA/NDA (local/state/regional)?

McGill? Penn?
UIC is not very OOS friendly though being Hispanic may help you here.
OHSU... why Oregon?

Date of submission: 7/5
Overall GPA: 3.2
Science GPA: 2.9
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 2.8 (Currently retaking general chemistry and hope to significantly boost)
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 23 AA 18 PAT 21 QR 26 RC 19 BIO 23 GC 25 ORGO 21 TS
State of Residence: Massachusetts

Undergrad Attended:
Vanderbilt University
Major: Neuroscience and Medicine, Health, & Society
Minor: Spanish
Minority?
Hispanic
Reapplicant? Yes
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
Over 1,000. Mostly with general dentistry but also observed ortho and a lot of pediatric dentistry.
Volunteering Experience: Very involved with the Latino community. I tutor spanish speaking immigrants in English and am a mentor for Latinx high schoolers looking to pursue a career or higher education in STEM. I also participated in a spring break service trip and was a charity runner for a marathon. Approximately 250 hours and am currently accumulating more.
Employment: Babysitting, waitressing, and tutoring.
Research: Extensive experience including some internationally. Did two summers of research at Harvard Medical School and also did research in undergrad. Masters was research-based.
Other Extracurriculars: On executive board for my university's association of latin american students. also in my pre dental society, running club, and lacrosse club. did research in university as well.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's List, Honors thesis for masters
LOR type and strength: 2 from college science professors, one from dentist I shadowed, one from master's thesis advisor
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Very low science grades freshman year, retaking courses to boost this. Upward trend in grades (Had 3.9 GPA senior year). Completed a master's in biomedical research in Spain entirely in Spanish. Fluent in Spanish and have a strong connection to my mexican heritage. Currently working as a dental assistant. Applied very late last cycle and was unsuccessful. Parents are both dentists (Father went to UConn, mother Tufts).
School list:

UConn
Tufts
BU
NYU
USC
Columbia
McGill
Oregon HSU
Rutgers
Temple
Touro
UI Chicago
UPenn
Western
University of the Pacific

Would love advice on things I should plan on addressing in my interview and any schools I should add to my list. Thank you so much for your time and help!!!!
what was your master's gpa?
was it done at a us university?