DO WAMC Mid SMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtussis

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was hoping to generate a last minute school list while in the middle of my SMP. I have already been accepted through linkage, though would like to apply to other schools as well.

Undergrad cGPA: 2.93
Undergrad sGPA: 2.94
All of undergrad had a very strong upward trend after struggling my freshman and sophmore year.

Grad cGPA: 3.56
Grad sGPA: 3.51

SMP cGPA: 3.82
SMP sGPA: 3.81

MCAT: 502

EC:
Shadowing Family Practice MD: 50 Hours
Shadowing Family Practice DO: 50 Hours
Emergency Scribe: 1400+ Hours, will continue to increase

Volunteering:
200+ Hrs ED Volunteering
100+ Hrs care home volunteering
100+ Hrs Miscellaneous volunteering - non clinical

Members don't see this ad.

You’re certainly committed. I commend you for that. Congrats on the acceptance, too.

Two questions:
1. What’s your home state?
2. Have any research experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re certainly committed. I commend you for that. Congrats on the acceptance, too.

Two questions:
1. What’s your home state?
2. Have any research experience?

1. MN
2. I've done lab work, though no publications.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have a strong upward trend and have demonstrated your commitment to becoming a physician. Your UG and MCAT scores, however, may hold you back so I would really think hard as to whether you can justify the expenses given the fact that you have an acceptance in-hand already.

Is there any particular reason why you want to apply elsewhere despite haven been accepted already?

You have a strong upward trend and have demonstrated your commitment to becoming a physician. Your UG and MCAT scores, however, may hold you back so I would really think hard as to whether you can justify the expenses given the fact that you have an acceptance in-hand already.

I agree with you there, though I found it easy to convince myself that it is high risk to "cash out" in early January, and would always feel more comfortable with options.

Was hoping to generate a last minute school list while in the middle of my SMP. I have already been accepted through linkage, though would like to apply to other schools as well.

Undergrad cGPA: 2.93
Undergrad sGPA: 2.94
All of undergrad had a very strong upward trend after struggling my freshman and sophmore year.

Grad cGPA: 3.56
Grad sGPA: 3.51

SMP cGPA: 3.82
SMP sGPA: 3.81

MCAT: 502

EC:
Shadowing Family Practice MD: 50 Hours
Shadowing Family Practice DO: 50 Hours
Emergency Scribe: 1400+ Hours, will continue to increase

Volunteering:
200+ Hrs ED Volunteering
100+ Hrs care home volunteering
100+ Hrs Miscellaneous volunteering - non clinical
So far, so good!!!! Target any DO school.

Last edited: