WAMC @ marrying a beautiful girl?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PillsburyDoughBoi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an MSIV from a low-mid tier MD school in the SouthEast. I am a good student applying for anesthesiology, solid LOR (from mom), well-mannered, come from a good family, reasonably fit, 6'2" (may or may not be different measurements), but s***** sense of humor and no research/publications (on this issue). WAMC at finding a beautiful girl and marrying her as an anesthesiology resident or after? Which regions of the country should I be applying to broadly at to make this dream happen?

Oh, and another trivial side question: how many programs should I be applying to? My med school stats are high 230s step 1, high 250s step 2, high class ranking, good research, good letters (1 from well regarded E coast program I did an away at), have family on E coast. Not really tied down to region, that could change based on answer to question above. Only asking bc my PD told me ~20 and another suggested applying to ~80. Willing to apply as broadly as possible, so wondering if there is a point that is too many to apply too.

Would love your insight on these questions

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Define beautiful (hair/eyes/build, race, +/- ethnic/cultural group). ;)

Go where those types of women are. As in: don't go to Indiana if you like black girls. Also, you will have much higher chances of finding the woman of your dreams in big cities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All I can say is that anesthesiologists have the best looking spouses in medicine. When you join our ranks it is your responsibility to avoid bringing shame to our illustrious field.

Reactions: 13 users
Texas and DC. A lot of Miss USA came from there :)

Reactions: 1 user
All I can say is that anesthesiologists have the best looking spouses in medicine. When you join our ranks it is your responsibility to avoid bringing shame to our illustrious field.

Why do you think I picked this specialty despite all the advice from veterans on here regarding the bleak future? ;)

Define beautiful (hair/eyes/build, race, +/- ethnic/cultural group). ;)

Go where those types of women are. As in: don't go to Indiana if you like black girls. Also, you will have much higher chances of finding the woman of your dreams in big cities.

Solid advice lol. Wonder how I will fare with the woman of my dreams in a big city against all the lawyers, investment bankers as an anesthesiologist

In all seriousness, can anyone also provide an answer to my secondary question? Or insulting me for asking also works I suppose

I thought you were supposed to lease??

Or are you making her your spouse the way AMC makes you partner???

So we’ve actually had a thread about this in the past. Anesthesiologist have the hottest wives in medicine (check that - I better say “spouses” lest I be chastised again).

If you’re dead set on finding the 10’s, then you have to follow the money. Beautiful women are drawn to money like a moth to a flame. Think Manhattan, Miami, Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, La Jolla. Rich men move there - marry beautiful women. Beautiful women have beautiful daughters and boom - these places now have a significantly higher per capita rate of 8-10’s than anywhere else.

Now keep in mind that in these places, you’ll be competing with guys that blow your annual paycheck on a weekend in Vegas.

(And with that I become the front runner for the Most Chauvinistic Post of 2018 Award)

Reactions: 10 users
Are rich men OK with knowing a that beautiful woman is with them because of their money? And not because of their personality?

That’s quite shallow to me. Of course I watch Housewives pretty diligently and see this play out quite regularly.

Members don't see this ad :)
What’s your type? Sweet southern belle? Hot Latina lover? West coast beach bred hottie? Cold, stoic northeastern type? midwestern corn-fed hottie? Let that guide your application process. Apply to 20-30 places and see how many hospital hotties you find throughout the interview cycle. If there are hotties in the hospital you’re bound to find some outside of it.

If you don’t have someone acceptable by the end of residency you need to report back. We’ll have to hold you back a year or two (some call that a ‘fellowship’) for remediation.

Reactions: 4 users
What’s your type? Sweet southern belle? Hot Latina lover? West coast beach bred hottie? Cold, stoic northeastern type? midwestern corn-fed hottie? Let that guide your application process. Apply to 20-30 places and see how many hospital hotties you find throughout the interview cycle. If there are hotties in the hospital you’re bound to find some outside of it.

If you don’t have someone acceptable by the end of residency you need to report back. We’ll have to hold you back a year or two (some call that a ‘fellowship’) for remediation.

I’m looking for a well-rounded (not literally) woman that offers exposure to a breadth of diverse experiences. Would prefer some hand holding, but not excessively. Good heart, peds care are a plus, I hope there is not too much OB (two kids is enough for me). Would like to have frequent interesting, exciting scenarios along with the mundane bread and butter and would not mind late nights in the former. Other benefits like free meals would be a bonus when working long hours, but am aware I’ll have to spend excess money on meals occasionally ;)

Reactions: 11 users
Are rich men OK with knowing a that beautiful woman is with them because of their money? And not because of their personality?

That’s quite shallow to me. Of course I watch Housewives pretty diligently and see this play out quite regularly.
I never understood why rich men complain beautiful women only love them for their money. Why do you think rich men love beautiful women? It's not because of their personality lol shallowness runs both ways. Embrace it

MUSC in Charleston. Even the douchiest of douches will have a dime on his arm, so if you have the slightest bit of swagger, the sky is the limit.
You’re welcome.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m looking for a well-rounded (not literally) woman that offers exposure to a breadth of diverse experiences. Would prefer some hand holding, but not excessively. Good heart, peds care are a plus, I hope there is not too much OB (two kids is enough for me). Would like to have frequent interesting, exciting scenarios along with the mundane bread and butter and would not mind late nights in the former. Other benefits like free meals would be a bonus when working long hours, but am aware I’ll have to spend excess money on meals occasionally ;)

A lot of requirements from a guy with your username

Reactions: 5 users
MUSC in Charleston. Even the douchiest of douches will have a dime on his arm, so if you have the slightest bit of swagger, the sky is the limit.
You’re welcome.

Interesting, they happen to have good anesthesiology training too apparently..

Yes.

Then you are looking in the wrong places. Your best chance for a good woman is among those you already know well (character-wise) from childhood, college or medical school. Anybody else may be attracted more to your diploma/bank account than your person. And you will never know for sure... until the day your divorce papers arrive. Just my 2 cents.

Are beautiful women ok with knowing that their guy is with them because of their looks?

Are beautiful women ok with knowing that their guy is with them because of their looks?

Anybody else may be attracted more to your looks than your person. And you will never know for sure... until the day your divorce papers arrive. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 2 users

Not all of us name our penises "personality".... I named mine "the truth"

e.g. A beautiful woman is with me because of the truth.

latest

Reactions: 5 users

It goes both way, you just hear about it a lot less with regard to women. You think Madonna is dating those models for good conversation?

Also forget about the Bay Area. Overrated with regard to eye candy (hell, both male and female).

Just a quick reminder: the intelligence of offspring is heavily influenced by X chromosome.

Just a quick reminder: the intelligence of offspring is heavily influenced by X chromosome.
It probably depends on what we call "intelligence" ;)

The one measured by IQ (and the only one I care about) is paternal, AFAIK. I have my father's IQ, not my mother's.

It probably depends on what we call "intelligence" ;)

The one measured by IQ (and the only one I care about) is paternal, AFAIK. I have my father's IQ, not my mother's.

Maybe you have his x chromosome

OP, forget about the wife and take this guy’s advice:

Maybe you have his x chromosome
Intelligence is determined by a large number of genes. Some of these are on the X chromosome, but there are many others on non-sexual chromosomes. The study that attributes intelligence mostly to mothers was hugely misinterpreted and misquoted (probably because it's PC).

There is a 0.7-0.8 correlation between the parents' intelligence and their offsprings'. I.e. mutations are rare, so if one wants smart kids one should marry a smart person. ;)