WAMC c/o 2028- non trad career switcher

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

renacuaja

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You definitely have a chance at vet school. I would advise against exclusively applying to Cornell because it’s essentially wasting money if you’re flat out rejected.

I do think getting equine and large animal experience is necessary because even if it’s not for you, you’re going to have to still work with those animals in vet school. Additionally, none of the options you have listed are extracurriculars, these should be clubs, or hobbies that you engage with to be a well rounded individual.

You definitely have a chance at vet school. I would advise against exclusively applying to Cornell because it’s essentially wasting money if you’re flat out rejected.

I do think getting equine and large animal experience is necessary because even if it’s not for you, you’re going to have to still work with those animals in vet school. Additionally, none of the options you have listed are extracurriculars, these should be clubs, or hobbies that you engage with to be a well rounded individual.
I'm fine with getting more LA and equine experience and I understand that vet school includes large components actually don't mind the animals or medicine. It's moreso the clientele and a lifestyle I just can't find myself enjoying.

I have many hobbies. Do I just throw them into my application?
  • 5000+ hrs writing. I've participated in Nanowrimo for 10ish years. I'll see if I can get an original work published in a lit mag? Right now, the only stuff I have published is fanfiction under a psuedonym and stuff from high school that got onto some teen literary journals
  • 1000hrs rock climbing
  • 200hrs backpacking
  • 1000hrs sewing

I'm fine with getting more LA and equine experience and I understand that vet school includes large components actually don't mind the animals or medicine. It's moreso the clientele and a lifestyle I just can't find myself enjoying.

I have many hobbies. Do I just throw them into my application?
  • 5000+ hrs writing. I've participated in Nanowrimo for 10ish years. I'll see if I can get an original work published in a lit mag? Right now, the only stuff I have published is fanfiction under a psuedonym and stuff from high school that got onto some teen literary journals
  • 1000hrs rock climbing
  • 200hrs backpacking
  • 1000hrs sewing
Yup throw those all into your application. It shows that you’re able to have a balanced life style and that you can potentially handle stress.