WAMC, Advice on Next Steps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krnliu8

Reaction score
Date of submission: June 23rd
Overall GPA: 3.76
Science GPA: 3.67
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.63
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 22AA, 23TS, 21PAT, 18QR
State of Residence: Canada (US citizen)

Undergrad Attended: PM me
Major: Neuroscience
Minor: N/A
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 200 hours general dentist at 2 different offices
Volunteering Experience: 200 hours with Circle K (service club); 80 hours tutoring elementary school kids; 16 hours at RAM clinic
Employment: N/A
Research: 100 hours (federal work study job as a research assistant, not a wet lab)... PM for more info
Other Extracurriculars: VP of Circle K (service club), mentorship committee member of school pre-dental society, crochet club
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? N/A
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's List one semester
LOR type and strength: Committee letter; one recommender strong + rest average
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Only thing I can think of is that one of my English Writing courses was labelled incorrectly on AADSAS, but I noticed it just recently so probably too late now for it to make a difference. Another thing may be that all my shadowing hours were done in Canada, not the US.
School list: UConn, Louisville, Boston U, Tufts, Maryland, U of Michigan, Rutgers, Buffalo, Case Western, UPenn, Pitt, Marquette, Temple, Colorado, Western (Canada)

So... we're nearing December 15th... and I have only heard back from two schools, which I am extremely grateful for, but I don't believe that I have the best interviewing skills. Did I mess up with my school list? Is my application super lackluster? Any advice on what I should look to improve next cycle? Should I be writing any letter of interests? I honestly thought my personal statement was decent, but I didn't have anyone look at my entire application before submitting so not sure if I did anything wrong there...

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission: June 23rd
Overall GPA: 3.76
Science GPA: 3.67
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.63
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 22AA, 23TS, 21PAT, 18QR
State of Residence: Canada (US citizen)

Undergrad Attended: PM me
Major: Neuroscience
Minor: N/A
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 200 hours general dentist at 2 different offices
Volunteering Experience: 200 hours with Circle K (service club); 80 hours tutoring elementary school kids; 16 hours at RAM clinic
Employment: N/A
Research: 100 hours (federal work study job as a research assistant, not a wet lab)... PM for more info
Other Extracurriculars: VP of Circle K (service club), mentorship committee member of school pre-dental society, crochet club
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? N/A
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's List one semester
LOR type and strength: Committee letter; one recommender strong + rest average
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Only thing I can think of is that one of my English Writing courses was labelled incorrectly on AADSAS, but I noticed it just recently so probably too late now for it to make a difference. Another thing may be that all my shadowing hours were done in Canada, not the US.
School list: UConn, Louisville, Boston U, Tufts, Maryland, U of Michigan, Rutgers, Buffalo, Case Western, UPenn, Pitt, Marquette, Temple, Colorado, Western (Canada)

So... we're nearing December 15th... and I have only heard back from two schools, which I am extremely grateful for, but I don't believe that I have the best interviewing skills. Did I mess up with my school list? Is my application super lackluster? Any advice on what I should look to improve next cycle? Should I be writing any letter of interests? I honestly thought my personal statement was decent, but I didn't have anyone look at my entire application before submitting so not sure if I did anything wrong there...
did you make sure that the schools on your list are international friednly?

Members don't see this ad :)
did you make sure that the schools on your list are international friednly?
oh, sorry
missed the (us citizen) part

must be something that's not obvious that's missing
i don't see any red flags and your list is ok...

What does your prehealth advisor think?

You have two interviews so it's possible you could get more attention after December. Where did you get interviews?
I haven't gotten the opportunity to speak with a pre-health advisor at my school because advising appointments are always filled up super fast... definitely a regret of mine that I didn't go over my app with someone before submitting. Also sucks that my school's pre-dental advisor left and we no longer have anyone who knows a lot about dental schools. I heard back from Case Western and Temple!

Reactions: 1 user
oh, sorry
missed the (us citizen) part

must be something that's not obvious that's missing
i don't see any red flags and your list is ok...
Thanks for your response! Yeah, I'm really starting to doubt my application. I can only think of my English prerequisite being labelled incorrectly, but nothing else... maybe my supplemental writing sucked? Or my ECs are boring? Do you know what else would be missing that schools might be looking for?

I do not hear anything yet ,
AA 24 TS25 I think I took the exam late on oct 14 lol
I do not think you need to worry, there are many people got acceptance also after Dec 15 :)