This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misotope

Reaction score
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Online shadowing has little value. You need 50 hours of in person shadowing before you submit your application. What is the nature of your 150hours of non clinical volunteering ?

Reactions: 1 user
Online shadowing has little value. You need 50 hours of in person shadowing before you submit your application. What is the nature of your 150hours of non clinical volunteering ?
It's a combination of different activities such as helping out at marathons, soup kitchens, animal shelters, child creativity labs, and food banks. I grouped them together since it is associated with the service club and total hours are logged as overall service hours.

It's a combination of different activities such as helping out at marathons, soup kitchens, animal shelters, child creativity labs, and food banks. I grouped them together since it is associated with the service club and total hours are logged as overall service hours.
Separate out the hours with the soup kitchens and food banks since those are the activities that med schools are interested in for non clinical volunteering. Ideally, you should have 150 hours in those 2 activities before you apply.
I suggest these schools with your stats and ECs (assuming you accumulate 50 hours of in person physician shadowing)
UCLA
UCSF
UCSD
UC Irvine
UC Davis
UC Riverside (if you are from that region)
Kaiser
California University
Washington University (in St. Louis)
St. Louis
Northwestern
Western Michigan
U Michigan
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Johns Hopkins
Vanderbilt
USF Morsani