WAMC: 3.8 sGPA, Waiting on MCAT score tmm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jp42069

Reaction score
Sup yall, my notable stats are as follow

Overall GPA: 3.7
Science GPA 3.84
MCAT practice test average: 499 (waiting on score tomorrow)
Volunteering hrs: 500
Research hrs: 1800
Clinical: 300

I am looking to apply this year I have already completed my application and am just waiting on my score tomorrow to submit.
I am aware that I am very late on the MD cycle so will also be looking into DOs as there are some promising schools out there.
Do you think I may have a chance? My goal this year was to give it a shot regardless so I'm hoping for the best.

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot to add, if you happen to know any medical schools that you could recommend I'd be happy to see those!

Post your MCAT score here tomorrow and I will suggest schools. Where is your state of residence ? Are you from a URM community?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Post your MCAT score here tomorrow and I will suggest schools. Where is your state of residence ? Are you from a URM community?
No URM I think I am a hispanic male, 24 y/o.
State of residence: Fl

What is your Hispanic background (Cuban, Puerto Rican, South American) ? Are you fluent in Spanish ?
Cuban Born and Raised, spanish is as perfect as my english as it is my first language.
I've looked a bit into PR medical schools as they are USMD & would allow me to learn how to practice in spanish as I'd ideally like to serve hispanic communities later on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Could you post your score once you know? What makes you "think" you are Hispanic?
Of course I will be updating my score tomorrow as soon as it becomes available.
Sorry about the poorly punctuated reply. There was supposed to be a comma after think.

496 ... damn man
Are you open to medical schools in Puerto Rico? PR has some medical schools that are still considered US MD schools because PR is a US territory, so you don't have to go to a Caribbean school (St. Georges, AUC, etc.) where your chances of getting into a US residency are much harder. PR medical schools have low median MCAT scores, so your MCAT I think would be a good fit for their schools. Though medical schools in PR (iirc, don't quote me on this. do double check with their program) teach their medical curriculum predominantly in Spanish, but because you mentioned you are fluent in Spanish, I actually think their schools are a great fit for you!

I think there are 4 MD schools in PR, I would apply to all of them. University of Puerto Rico, Ponce Health Sciences, Universidad Central Del Caribe, and San Juan Bautista SOM.

Last edited:
496 ... damn man
You could receive interviews at some DO schools with your stats and I suggest these:
UIWSOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT (Arkansas and Montana schools)
RVU (Montana school)
VCOM (all 4 schools)
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LMU-DCOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LUCOM
Noorda-COM
KHSC-COM (new school)
TUNCOM
ICOM
Many of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interviews with your 496. You should apply this month and complete all your secondaries by November