WAMC 3.52 GPA MCAT 503 MD schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kobewade3

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have sent osteopathic applications and was wonder my chances at MD schools because my AAMC is filled and think of applying to in state schools like Fiu and Fsu
I have done
109 hours volunteer med scribe
70 hours volunteer feeding south Florida
Research paper with physicians about D dimers published into Emergency journal of medicine
Active member of AMSA at FIU
Paid job as medical scribe in family clinic - current, and going to have well above 1000 - 1500 hours from this job alone

My mcat is 503 but this is my third try and have done 499 and 500 previously, I am also a re applicant

Members don't see this ad.

You could try Florida State and Florida International. You need to apply to more DO schools since 4 schools is too few.
I suggest adding these DO schools:
VCOM (all 4 schools)
CUSOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
TUNCOM
WVSOM
MU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you are projecting the 1000 hours, they are not going to count for much. That will probably shut the door on MD. If you have been working for a while and these are new hours, you could try FIU and FSU. It otherwise doesn’t seem much has changed on your app from the last time you applied.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are projecting the 1000 hours, they are not going to count for much. That will probably shut the door on MD. If you have been working for a while and these are new hours, you could try FIU and FSU. It otherwise doesn’t seem much has changed on your app from the last time you applied.
Sorry for Late response but I began working start of 2022 when last cycle wasn’t going well and still am. Could that be of help to my app?