Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mantroe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from Wake Forest for an interview. Had heard nothing till now. Figured the answer was no. Has anyone else gotten a last minute call from them?

Members don't see this ad.

I called them WAY back in December to check status because I hadn't heard anything. I got a 'we'll call you back' and never heard back. However, I have also made myself 'unavailable' by leaving my cell phone at home so people aka parents will leave me the heck alone. I'll take the interview if you don't want it though

I receive the same call a couple of days ago. Appparently, one of their first year resident left the program to go into pediatrics (yuck!). This is the reason why they are offering one more round of interviews to fill the spots available. Good luck to everyone on the rank list!

Members don't see this ad :)
evil newbie - are you sure about this information? who did you hear it from? was it a reliable source? i called and asked dr. garvin's (the program director) secretary about it and she denied it. could it be that she doesn't know about it?

they haven't even given me the pleasure of a rejection notice~ i just want closure? is that so wrong??

Can't verify the story, either. May we all get exactly the match spot our heart desires! Good luck to everyone.

I received the same info re: the first year resident leaving for peds from the vice-chair (he is the one who called me). Best of luck to everyone.