Waitlisters Unite! 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! So this is my first round of applications and I’ve been placed on 4 waitlists (all of which I am still on up to this point). Im about to finish my Masters degree and am looking at the potential of a year out of school while I apply again. I was just wondering if any of you guys have faced this situation before and what you did to get through it?

I’m also facing several other dilemmas, but I won’t bore you with my problems.

Yes, I didn’t get in last year so this year is my 2nd round of apps! During my year off I retook classes and gained more observation hours! Now I’m just working until August when my program starts! Definitely don’t give up if you don’t get in this round, keep trying and improving yourself and your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone speak to how much "flux" occurs with programs/ chance seats open up through May?

I believe significant opportunities remain. In the last 3 weeks my son was admitted to 3 additional programs, including one in the last 3 days. Said another way, he has received more offers in the last 3 weeks than in the preceding 3 months, which is why I believe this is the DPT busy season. Each new offer will be rejected (creating opportunity for another applicant) or will be accepted (creating opportunity at the old program). I know this is stressful, stay positive.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was just accepted into Chatham University's DPT Program off the waitlist today! Keep up the hope my fellow waitlisters!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Take Heart
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

When our souls are filled with fear,
When the path is dull and drear,
When the wind is chill and strong,
When the way is rough and long.

Take heart!

When vague terror fills our breast.
When forebodings break our rest,
When we search for any light
In the black encircling night,

Take heart!

When with feeble hands we grope
For some faint elusive hope.
When we wander hand in hand,
Through the gloomy twilight land.

Take heart!

Courage, comrade! Courage still!
We will breast the weary hill!
Hand in hand we scale the height,
Till we reach the golden light.

Take heart!​

Waitlisters, do not lose hope. Many schools will not finalize their cohorts until weeks before their start date. Keep busy, try to think positive thoughts. I got my acceptance late last June and am currently in my second semester. Remember, the pool is gradually getting smaller and smaller. The people above you on the wait list have probably accepted other offers. All they can do now is shuffle the deck and hope to match each seat to a qualified student. Some students are hanging on to multiple offers (jerks!) and will soon have to let go. Don't be afraid to email your top school and tell them that you will accept unconditionally if they offer you a seat. Admissions directors hate to be jerked around by students who have multiple offers and wait until the last minute to make a decision.

Thank you thank you thank you! It makes me feel so good that I am not the only one. Really enjoyed reading this.

I was just accepted into Chatham University's DPT Program off the waitlist today! Keep up the hope my fellow waitlisters!

Congrats! Will you be accepting? Chatham is my top choice and I am currently on the waitlist.

Congrats! Will you be accepting? Chatham is my top choice and I am currently on the waitlist.
Yes! I'm putting my deposit down today. Stay positive.

Reactions: 1 user
can anyone speak about the waitlist at emory?

Just got off the waitlist today at NY Medical College, so for you waitlisted people, there's hope!

Anyone waitlisted at Dominican college that has gotten accepted yet or heard anything since the initial waitlist email?

After applying a few times, I finally got accepted to a program yesterday! And I was pulled off a waitlist. Keep the hope alive everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I was originally denied at a school in Florida but just recieved a call this past week and was asked if I would like to undergo another review because they had spots open up. Not sure if they even have a waitlist but was not on that. I was accepted the next day and classes start in two weeks! Don’t lose hope this may happen to you!! Good luck everyone

Hey guys! I was originally denied at a school in Florida but just recieved a call this past week and was asked if I would like to undergo another review because they had spots open up. Not sure if they even have a waitlist but was not on that. I was accepted the next day and classes start in two weeks! Don’t lose hope this may happen to you!! Good luck everyone

Congrats! Do you mind sharing what Florida school?

Last edited:
Currently waitlisted at Southwest Baptist, Wheeling Jesuit, Touro University, CSULB, Gannon University and actually still haven't heard back MCPHS. FINGERS CROSSED!

I was waitlisted at Bellarmine back in February and was told by some friends in the program that getting on the list means I'd have a great chance at getting in but unfortunately I wasn't. Pretty bummed but guess I'll just have to go for round 2

I was waitlisted at Bellarmine back in February and was told by some friends in the program that getting on the list means I'd have a great chance at getting in but unfortunately I wasn't. Pretty bummed but guess I'll just have to go for round 2

Maybe it’s a good thing! Bellarmine is crazy expensive.

Maybe it’s a good thing! Bellarmine is crazy expensive.
Haha yeah it is, but both my sister and brother in law went through the program a few years ago so it would be cool to go there. Also I’m having an impossible time finding a tech job so some security would be cool

I am a bit delayed on updating here but I got a spot at University of Washington earlier this month. So it can happen still! Stay hopeful everyone.

I am a bit delayed on updating here but I got a spot at University of Washington earlier this month. So it can happen still! Stay hopeful everyone.
Congrats!! Was this one of your top choices? Would you be able to tell me more about their program? I can't seem to find much info on their website or on the internet period about this program; butttt I am I love Seattle and want to move out there.

Waitlisters! Keep the faith!

I just got my first acceptance yesterday and Also found out that I’m #1 on the waitlist for my top choice.

Keep the faith! All of us (from what I have seen on this forum) deserve to get a spot! You will!

Congrats!! Was this one of your top choices? Would you be able to tell me more about their program? I can't seem to find much info on their website or on the internet period about this program; butttt I am I love Seattle and want to move out there.

It was one of my top choices. I like that it is part of big Med School and you take classes with P&O and OT students as well. For me personally learning to be part of an interdisciplinary team seems very practical and is a huge plus. They also are part of a group of hospitals in the Seattle area so you get to do integrated clinical education throughout the program in a variety of settings. I also like that their clinical instructors are credentialed through the APTA. One place I interviewed said they mainly use their alumni network when selecting CIs and I had some reservations with that approach.

Makes me feel so much better--so funny applications open again in like a month so gotta be ready for both

Just got accepted form University of Arkansas. Still waitlisted at Chatham. KEEP YOUR CHINS UP!!!

EVERYONE LISTEN!! I pray you do not make the same mistake i have made regarding wait lists. CHECK YOUR CLUTTER MAILBOX!!!
I have been wait listed for FIU the past 5 months and only just saw that a supplemental application fee of only 30$ was needed to have my app reviewed by the panel. I only hope that everyone sees this

There is a God!
Heres some hope for those of you who have a low GRE!! I was recently accepted into Creighton University's DPT Program.

Major: Kinesiology Exercise Science
Undergrad: University of Kentucky
GPA: 3.67
Science: 3.4
Hours: 1000+
LOR: Two therapists and my exercise physiology teacher
GRE: 297 Writing 3.5

Applied to: Bellarmine, UK, Andrews, Creighton, Marymount, Seton Hall, Elon, Emory, MCPHS, South College
Rejected: Elon, Emory, South College
Waitlisted: Bellarmine, UK, Andrews, Marymount, Seton Hall, Creighton, MCPHS
Accepted: Creighton

Advice when looking at schools:
Really look at your application and compare your success to the requirements of each and every school. If it falls close to the averages listed by the school ...add that school to your list ! Then look at that list as a whole and compare other statistics such as how many students they take out of state vs in state. Most schools lean a certain way which can either be totally in your favor or the complete opposite. Lastly look at the price and if it is even a school you would consider going to knowing the previous information. That is how I got waitlisted at 7/10 schools by strategically applying.. If your end goal is to become a PT and you are open to going anywhere you can get into-- (i was a second year applicant) -- I highly recommend making a spread sheet or something and breaking down each program accordingly !

I love it! Did you just get accepted in July for a program that begins in August? Dreams do come true! Congratulations!

There is a God!
Heres some hope for those of you who have a low GRE!! I was recently accepted into Creighton University's DPT Program.

Major: Kinesiology Exercise Science
Undergrad: University of Kentucky
GPA: 3.67
Science: 3.4
Hours: 1000+
LOR: Two therapists and my exercise physiology teacher
GRE: 297 Writing 3.5

Applied to: Bellarmine, UK, Andrews, Creighton, Marymount, Seton Hall, Elon, Emory, MCPHS, South College
Rejected: Elon, Emory, South College
Waitlisted: Bellarmine, UK, Andrews, Marymount, Seton Hall, Creighton, MCPHS
Accepted: Creighton

Advice when looking at schools:
Really look at your application and compare your success to the requirements of each and every school. If it falls close to the averages listed by the school ...add that school to your list ! Then look at that list as a whole and compare other statistics such as how many students they take out of state vs in state. Most schools lean a certain way which can either be totally in your favor or the complete opposite. Lastly look at the price and if it is even a school you would consider going to knowing the previous information. That is how I got waitlisted at 7/10 schools by strategically applying.. If your end goal is to become a PT and you are open to going anywhere you can get into-- (i was a second year applicant) -- I highly recommend making a spread sheet or something and breaking down each program accordingly !

So what are your thoughts on the $142,000 price tag? Have you done the math for payback? Not discouraging but seriously looking into whether I could step out of the $100k box...

Never thought it would happen, but just got off a wait-list for a program that starts end of August! Franklin Pierce in NH
#completelycaughtoffguard

Never thought it would happen, but just got off a wait-list for a program that starts end of August! Franklin Pierce in NH
#completelycaughtoffguard
Super congrats! Just completed 11 applications for 2nd cycle. Waitlisted at two schools now. Had you already begun dishing out the bucks on apps this season yet? Would you terribly mind sharing your stats?

Super congrats! Just completed 11 applications for 2nd cycle. Waitlisted at two schools now. Had you already begun dishing out the bucks on apps this season yet? Would you terribly mind sharing your stats?
I am/was currently working on my second round of 10-13 applications. Luckily I have not hit submit anywhere or sent my GRE/transcripts yet.
Overall GPA: 3.3
Pre-req GPA: 3.1 (not incredible...)
GRE: 306 combined
Shadowing: 50 hours (2 loc)
PT Tech: 2500 hours
Athletic Assistant: 2 years

Honestly stoked I got in seeing as my grades are my weakest point, but just proof that it can happen despite barely meeting the minimums!

I got waitlisted this last week at St. Ausgustine - San Marcos for their 2018 fall start

Accepted to Mount Saint Mary's University LA 2 weeks ago. Will be giving up my spot at West Coast University soon.

So what are your thoughts on the $142,000 price tag? Have you done the math for payback? Not discouraging but seriously looking into whether I could step out of the $100k box...

Yes. Everyone's situation is a little bit different when applying! Good luck to you and your future success !

I love it! Did you just get accepted in July for a program that begins in August? Dreams do come true! Congratulations!

YES ! Orientation is August 12-17 and school starts the 20th!
I literally had my entire application filled out July 5th when it opened.. and got accepted July 6th before I hit submit! Everything works out for a reason!!

Reactions: 2 users
I can tell you that I decided to attend a private university only because it was in my home city and I can live at home rent free. When I did the math, the difference between a private university at home and a public (Texas) university plus cost of living was under $20k. My stats weren't that fabulous, so the chance of getting into a public university in the next cycle were not high and I would probably spend more $$ on retaking courses. In the end, I decided getting into school a year earlier would easily offset those $20k with my first year of PT salary.

Phew! What a great thread to be a part of! Being waitlisted has really tested my patience, to say the least, lol. I was tier 3 on CSU Long Beach's waitlist, and I'm currently waitlisted at Samuel Merritt. Unfortunately, it's been a no-go from all other programs I applied to. As of the last update, I'm number 7/121 on the waitlist and this is my top choice school (and second time applying!) It can technically be anytime between they initially sent out the admissions decisions emails in late January up until the program starts in mid-September that us waitlisters hear anything. I've been keeping my fingers and toes crossed for some time now. Congrats to everyone who made it in!

Waitlisted for Western U in Pomona and West Coast in LA. No ranking for western and just got my ranking for West Coast is #29. Anyone heard of someone getting in with a ranking similar to mine?? :/

I know this is super late and hopefully you’ll see this to reply. Did you get accepted to west coast??

Applied: Western U, Chapman, LLU, CSULB
Rejected: Chapman
Waitlisted: CSULB (high-tier)
Accepted: Western U and LLU
Attending: LLU (unless I somehow get accepted to CSULB at this point >_< )

Hi!!

Could you tell me your stats please? The schools you got accepted to are my top choices!!