waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buddy1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone. so...i finally heard back from the two schools (scco and berkeley) i interviewed at....WAITLISTED. im kinda feeling like theres no hope for this year... :( is there anyone out there that is or was in this situation? or can anyone tell me the chances of getting in if youre placed a waitlist. thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

buddy1 said:
hi everyone. so...i finally heard back from the two schools (scco and berkeley) i interviewed at....WAITLISTED. im kinda feeling like theres no hope for this year... :( is there anyone out there that is or was in this situation? or can anyone tell me the chances of getting in if youre placed a waitlist. thanx.

What were your OATs/GPA?

AA

Members don't see this ad :)
did you apply late or something? because those numbers are pretty good. i think if you wait it out, you will have a good chance. a fair amount of people who are often accepted to schools turn them down in favour of other ones. keep positive. good luck. :thumbup:

buddy1 said:
gpa 3.44
oat 360

buddy1 said:

well, it all depends on what your initial position is on the waiting list. i remember during the UCBSO interview, they said that they ended up accepting all 15 candidates on the waiting list last year. so i do believe that you still have a chance to get in.

thanx guys for the encouragement...yea i did apply kinda late...stupid me, i learned my lesson esp with scco. i was just wondering what my chances were bc ico invited me for an interview but i realllyyy want to stay in california. so should i go to the interview anyways just in case or should i just wait it out...kinda low on expenses right now. but then again, i dont want to regret not going and then not get into any schools. im sure ico is a great school but i think id get homesick for sure. btw, im waitlisted #5 for berkeley and not sure for scco.

Hi,

I think you have a pretty good chance of getting into Berkeley. The list should start moving, esp. in the summer time when people are making their choices. However, I'm not sure how many people got in who were waitlisted last year though. Perhaps you could call admissions office and ask? Good luck!

Ning-Ju

buddy1 said:
thanx guys for the encouragement...yea i did apply kinda late...stupid me, i learned my lesson esp with scco. i was just wondering what my chances were bc ico invited me for an interview but i realllyyy want to stay in california. so should i go to the interview anyways just in case or should i just wait it out...kinda low on expenses right now. but then again, i dont want to regret not going and then not get into any schools. im sure ico is a great school but i think id get homesick for sure. btw, im waitlisted #5 for berkeley and not sure for scco.

when was your application finalized at SCCO?

buddy1 said:

Hi,

I think last year UCB accepted four people that were on the waitlist.

Ning-Ju

Did you get waitlisted at both schools? I understand that Berkeley is harder to get into, but I thought you'd be in for sure at most other schools with a 360.

i'm waitlisted at scco and berkeley too :( and was wondering if there is anything i can do at this point. would writing letters work?

gsinccom said:
when was your application finalized at SCCO?

i sent in my apps mid dec i think, got a invite a week later...then interviewed early feb.

linhle said:
i'm waitlisted at scco and berkeley too :( and was wondering if there is anything i can do at this point. would writing letters work?

hi linhle,
do you know what number on the waitlist you are for either school? i called scco to ask them what number i am on the list and they said there was really no official list and that they wont know anything until april after all the interviews...ergh..

so...i guess i just wait?

hey, i'm 12 at berkeley, scco won't have a list til they're done w/ all interviews...guess i gotta interview in ny, which would be fun but i really wanna go to scco.

linhle said:
hey, i'm 12 at berkeley, scco won't have a list til they're done w/ all interviews...guess i gotta interview in ny, which would be fun but i really wanna go to scco.

Hey linhle, I am wondering what is your GPA and OAT?

I have a 3.5 gpa and 370 oat, still got waitlisted at suny.

Wow, seems like it's getting more and more competitive!

Last year Berkeley went down to around 14 or 15 on the waitlist. It depends on how many people are interested and how many they outright accept. In a given year, a school might send out more acceptance letters for the same number of spots, and so they might not go as far down the waitlist. Being 5th on the waitlist would probably get you in most years -- 12th is more of a coin flip.