Waitlist, waiting and waiting...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EastSide

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all future and current DPT students,
I have been waitlisted to:
Temple @ 12/7
Columbia @ 1/29
Widener @ 2/11
Rutgers (south/camden) @ 2/20

It's almost March, and I haven't heard back anywhere, and slowly losing hope.
- Anyone rejecting their seats in any of these schools?
- Has anyone gotten out off of their waitlist?
- What are my chances of getting off the waitlist?

Any honest advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Temple @ 12/7
Columbia @ 1/29
Widener @ 2/11

Thanks
Hey have you heard anything yet?
I am currently on the waitlist at Rutgers South as well

I did not get accepted into my current program until June (interviewed in December), so don't lose hope! There is still pleeeeenty of time to go. I know the anticipation is torturous, but unfortunately there is nothing to do but sit back and wait.

I have heard of programs admitting people days before the program starts. Obviously these instances are rare, but just some perspective!

Also I should mention I was placed 17th on the waitlist too, and moved all the way up into the program. There will be a lot of movement on waitlists starting around this time through May as more acceptances roll in and people begin to decide for sure where they are going.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey has anyone heard from Rutgers South or Stocktons waitlist? Or has anyone recently changed their minds about attending either school? Thanks

Temple @ 12/7
Columbia @ 1/29
Widener @ 2/11

Thanks

Hey Eastside,

I completely understand how you're feeling, I got waitlisted at UM, Pitt, FPU(NH), CSULB, and Creighton. I am still waiting on decisions from 4 other schools, so it really sucks. Don't lose hope, you still have a few more months. That's what I keep telling myself.

Reactions: 1 user
Temple @ 12/7
Columbia @ 1/29
Widener @ 2/11

Thanks
Hey bro I got off the waitlist like 3 weeks ago don't lose hope but plan on next year and how you can fix your holes..what are your stats maybe I can give a suggestion seeing as how I got in with a 3.2 and I'm sure you did better than me.

This was several years ago, but I was waitlisted for a graduate program and then got the call 8 days before class started. I know this would be rare, but things happen. People can give up their spot at any time.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey has anyone heard from Rutgers South or Stocktons waitlist? Or has anyone recently changed their minds about attending either school? Thanks
I denied my seat for Rutgers South, and put in my deposit to Temple DPT

Last edited:
why did you pick temple over rutgers?

Rutger South seemed a bit disorganized.
Located in NJ, I live in Philly.
Temple Univ itself is vastly growing.
Temple Undergrad is constructing a state of the art library (DPT students will be able to use).
Added resources from undergrad (writing center, gym, library, tech center, food, etc)
Also, they're building new facilities for DPT students near the Main campus. (competition fall'17)
Temple is also starting to gear towards a more research based school, granting more research opportunity.
Can find all range of PT fields in Philadelphia. (Peds - ortho outpatient - geriatric - etc)
Temple allows service trips to Guatemala. (very interested)

Rutger South seemed a bit disorganized.
Located in NJ, I live in Philly.
Temple Univ itself is vastly growing.
Temple Undergrad is constructing a state of the art library (DPT students will be able to use).
Added resources from undergrad (writing center, gym, library, tech center, food, etc)
Also, they're building new facilities for DPT students near the Main campus. (competition fall'17)
Temple is also starting to gear towards a more research based school, granting more research opportunity.
Can find all range of PT fields in Philadelphia. (Peds - ortho outpatient - geriatric - etc)
Temple allows service trips to Guatemala. (very interested)

Nice you'd have to pay out of state tuition too. Actually makes it an easy decision. Plus there's WAY more to do in Philly than in Stratford during your time off. G0od luck!!!

Has anyone heard from Franklin Pierce University - AZ?