Waitlist question for Adcoms (preferably)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BurritoKiller

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was waitlisted at my #1 choice, but received an acceptance to one of my "safeties." I'm incredibly grateful for my acceptance, but obviously I would prefer my top choice. At my interview, this school said to stay on the waitlist, you have to send a letter of interest. They don't start pulling off the waitlist until April/May. Should I try to get as many acceptances as possible in the next 5 months and try to leverage those to get into my top choice? I would then send the letter in March after I have hopefully more acceptances. Or should I send the letter of interest now to show I really want to go there? Trying to figure out the timing of everything...

Members don't see this ad.

I was waitlisted at my #1 choice, but received an acceptance to one of my "safeties." I'm incredibly grateful for my acceptance, but obviously I would prefer my top choice. At my interview, this school said to stay on the waitlist, you have to send a letter of interest. They don't start pulling off the waitlist until April/May. Should I try to get as many acceptances as possible in the next 5 months and try to leverage those to get into my top choice? I would then send the letter in March after I have hopefully more acceptances. Or should I send the letter of interest now to show I really want to go there? Trying to figure out the timing of everything...
It would be wise to send a letter now, saying that you definitely would like to stay on their wait list. Otherwise you may find that by March they have dropped you from the wait list after hearing nothing.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, if your top choice is Pitt, but you have accepts to Drexel, NYMC, VCU and GWU, Pitt will NOT be impressed.

I don't know why your #1 choice puts any faith in LOI. But if it makes them happy, then send them the LOI.

Why should a hot chick beleive "but I'll still respect you in the morning!"

??????

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, if your top choice is Pitt, but you have accepts to Drexel, NYMC, VCU and GWU, Pitt will NOT be impressed.

I don't know why your #1 choice puts any faith in LOI. But if it makes them happy, then send them the LOI.

Why should a hot chick beleive "but I'll still respect you in the morning!"

??????

Just wanted to say that your analogies are one of the many reasons I continue to visit this site.

Reactions: 2 users