Waitlist for 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm feeling like I have some sort of record for waitlists - currently on 7 :(
OOS alternate for Kansas, Penn, Florida, Tufts, Minnesota, Iowa, and Auburn. Only school I'm still waiting to hear a decision on is Illinois. Hoping my chances of going somewhere are good with this number of waitlists!
@greeneyegal92 someone took your medal away from you!!!!
Keep your chin up goshen!! Iowa State supposedly has a lot of movement so maybe we’ll both get offers soon!!
(Ps I’m also still waiting for uiuc and so is greenie)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm feeling like I have some sort of record for waitlists - currently on 7 :(
OOS alternate for Kansas, Penn, Florida, Tufts, Minnesota, Iowa, and Auburn. Only school I'm still waiting to hear a decision on is Illinois. Hoping my chances of going somewhere are good with this number of waitlists!
Sorry Goshen tough break!! :( But that's alot of waitlists not rejections so you'll definitely get pulled off somewhere!! Just keep the faith and you'll be golden :)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm starting to feel like waiting to hear back as an alternate is worse than waiting to hear back after applications are submitted. The apprehension... :nailbiting:

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm starting to feel like waiting to hear back as an alternate is worse than waiting to hear back after applications are submitted. The apprehension... :nailbiting:
YEP BECAUSE YOUVE GOTTEN A MAYBE AND YOU COULD TECHNICALLY BE CALLED OFF AT ANY TIME BUT YOU DONT KNOW IF YOU WILL BE AND YOU DONT KNOW WHEN YOU WOULD BE.
It’s terrible :hilarious:

Reactions: 12 users
Yes. You will learn to love it. You'll make lots of friends and have amazing experiences and wonder how you could have ever gone anywhere else. Go to the cheapest school!
I know, that’s the common theme here. But how often would I get the chance to live in another country? I also may be eligible for U.K. resident tuition if I get my citizenship (my mom is a U.K. citizen). After graduating from RVC and taking the NAVLE I’d be certified to practice in the U.K., the rest of Europe, North America, and Australia. It’s hard to put a price tag on the experience and life changing opportunities that will open up for me from living abroad.

Reactions: 4 users
I know, that’s the common theme here. But how often would I get the chance to live in another country? I also may be eligible for U.K. resident tuition if I get my citizenship (my mom is a U.K. citizen). After graduating from RVC and taking the NAVLE I’d be certified to practice in the U.K., the rest of Europe, North America, and Australia. It’s hard to put a price tag on the experience and life changing opportunities that will open up for me from living abroad.
I know for Ireland you have to have either lived in the EU 3 out of the last 5 years, gone to 5 years of primary or secondary school in the EU AND have not gone to any sort of college yet, or you’re under 23 and your parents have lived in the EU for 3 if the past 5 years to get EU tuition for UCDublin so definitely actually contact the school and see if you are actually eligible if you get your citizenship because I know I’m not eligible for Dublin even though I’m a citizen.

You're definitely lucky to have that opportunity. I would go to the Caribbean or Australia if it weren't for the fact that I have an elderly dog :(

I know for Ireland you have to have either lived in the EU 3 out of the last 5 years, gone to 5 years of primary or secondary school in the EU AND have not gone to any sort of college yet, or you’re under 23 and your parents have lived in the EU for 3 if the past 5 years to get EU tuition for UCDublin so definitely actually contact the school and see if you are actually eligible if you get your citizenship because I know I’m not eligible for Dublin even though I’m a citizen.

For the U.K. I just have to be a citizen. I am eligible for citizenship because my mom was a citizen when I was born. The question is how quickly can I get my citizenship. Will it take one year or three to do all the paperwork? If I were a citizen, tuition would be about $12,000 a year so huge savings. I think the UK has weird laws because they don’t follow all of the rules of the EU. That’s rad you’re an EU citizen tho!

I feel like if I don’t choose the RVC it will be a decision I regret for the rest of my life. But it’s also kinda scary leaving the country. I also like their pathway to specializing. You get a masters and do an intercalated year with your degree instead of internship / residency. During my interview I met an RVC grad who did that and is now board certified and practicing in the US.

Ugh it’s all so overwhelming. I have a lot to think about.

Reactions: 2 users
For the U.K. I just have to be a citizen. I am eligible for citizenship because my mom was a citizen when I was born. The question is how quickly can I get my citizenship. Will it take one year or three to do all the paperwork? If I were a citizen, tuition would be about $12,000 a year so huge savings. I think the UK has weird laws because they don’t follow all of the rules of the EU. That’s rad you’re an EU citizen tho!
Oh really? That’s interesting that you just have to be a citizen. I would’ve thought you would have had to live there for a certain amount of time as a citizen and be paying taxes and stuff. That’s cool if you actually ARE able to get that, but make sure you get it in writing from the school if you haven’t already just so that you can be like “no no you told me this was all I needed to do”

Oh really? That’s interesting that you just have to be a citizen. I would’ve thought you would have had to live there for a certain amount of time as a citizen and be paying taxes and stuff. That’s cool if you actually ARE able to get that, but make sure you get it in writing from the school if you haven’t already just so that you can be like “no no you told me this was all I needed to do”
You’re right, I’ll make sure I get it documented!

It definitely is, I'm more anxious now than I was before and my friends that got in keep saying "well it's just waiting game you can't do anything about it now so don't stress". I'm like you so don't understand

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
I meeeean, I'm leaning towards Edinburgh so I hear ya. But that is (crazily) my cheapest school. I asked about UK tuition and the answer is probably no for me. I am an EU citizen (French) but because I've been living outside of Europe for the two years preceding vet school I have to pay US tuition. The specialization path looks really intriguing.

You're definitely lucky to have that opportunity. I would go to the Caribbean or Australia if it weren't for the fact that I have an elderly dog :(
I know at SGU the students all fly with their dogs in the cabin. Like, flights going to/leaving Grenada full of dogs. :love:

autoimmune dz?
Yes she has been in remission from IMHA for the past 5 years (an awful disease if you haven't heard of it)
Is Cookie that doggo in your picture because I like that doggo...
That is Cookie! :D She was a spry 13 year old pup in that pic (15 now)

Yes she has been in remission from IMHA for the past 5 years (an awful disease if you haven't heard of it)
That is Cookie! :D She was a spry 13 year old pup in that pic (15 now)
Yeah I have is she on corticosteroids, azo or myco? It sure is a crap dz

It definitely is, I'm more anxious now than I was before and my friends that got in keep saying "well it's just waiting game you can't do anything about it now so don't stress". I'm like you so don't understand
"Just don't stress..." Okay, cool, cool, cool....*obsessively thinks about it* I'm not stressing, you're stressing...

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted OOS at Iowa State and waitlisted IS at UW Madison (#9)!!

Reactions: 5 users
"Just don't stress..." Okay, cool, cool, cool....*obsessively thinks about it* I'm not stressing, you're stressing...
Obsessively thinking about it is so accurate I feel like my friends and family are going to get sick of me obsessing soon lol

Do you have any idea how many people they put on the UGA waitlist or how much movement it usually gets??
Wish I did, but no. They will let you know ranking after April 16th, I think.

Waitlisted @ Iowa & Kansas. Really hoping for Iowa for low OOS tuition but as this is my second time applying, I’ll be perfectly happy at any, including LMU who announces decisions on March 15th I believe. Anyone have any advice for moving OOS last minute if it comes to that?

Waitlisted @ Iowa & Kansas. Really hoping for Iowa for low OOS tuition but as this is my second time applying, I’ll be perfectly happy at any, including LMU who announces decisions on March 15th I believe. Anyone have any advice for moving OOS last minute if it comes to that?
So just a heads up, Iowa lists their tuition by semester so it is ~$24,000 times two which makes ~$48,000 per year while Kansas is ~$54,000 a year. $6,000 a year is nothing to sneeze at but it isn't as huge of a difference as it seems at first glance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

So just a heads up, Iowa lists their tuition by semester so it is ~$24,000 times two which makes ~$48,000 per year while Kansas is ~$54,000 a year. $6,000 a year is nothing to sneeze at but it isn't as huge of a difference as it seems at first glance.

Considering that’s at least $18,000 less for just the first three years I’d say that’s pretty significant. But like I said, I’d be happy with any! Iowa is at least cheaper than my in state (Tufts) but I don’t want to go there anyways.

I'm almost certain you're going to get off that waitlist for UWM! congrats!
It was rough getting waitlisted at first, but then I realized what my position was. Thank you for your support!!:)

Isn't Iowa's tuition $52,500 per year (year 1-3) for OOS students?

(I think 4th year is ~19.6k per semester on that chart for OOS, not ~11k. But there is also summer semester you’d have to pay I think?)
Whoops you're right, thanks for the correction Ski!

Isn't Iowa's tuition $52,500 per year (year 1-3) for OOS students?
Yea, my acceptance letter straight up says that 2018 entrance tuition is going to be 52k a year.

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you with cost related questions/comparisons, if you go to the AVMA website, they have all the veterinary schools listed with costs. They even compare costs based on semesters as well as what it costs to attend there for all 4 years. I have found this very helpful in the decision process!

For those of you with cost related questions/comparisons, if you go to the AVMA website, they have all the veterinary schools listed with costs. They even compare costs based on semesters as well as what it costs to attend there for all 4 years. I have found this very helpful in the decision process!
Can you post a link to that page please?

Can you post a link to that page please?
It won't let me post a link (haven't been active enough on here), but if you google AVMA Vet school tuition costs and click the link that brings you to the AVMA website it should bring you straight there!

I know at SGU the students all fly with their dogs in the cabin. Like, flights going to/leaving Grenada full of dogs. :love:
Probably because students abuse the system and get their dogs certified as ESA dogs when they really aren't :whistle:
(it's not just SGU, it was a huge problem at Ross too...don't get me started lol)

Probably because students abuse the system and get their dogs certified as ESA dogs when they really aren't :whistle:
(it's not just SGU, it was a huge problem at Ross too...don't get me started lol)
Don’t get me started either on people claiming an animal is an esa just to fly with it :rage:

I believe the Ross student body made a collective decision to stop doing it. But SGU still does. I'm not for abusing the system in general. But a flight full of vet students and dogs? I can't help but love it.

I hope you get called!! If not, beef up your application so next year they CANT say no! That’s what I’ve been doing in case I don’t get in this year
Thank you! I hope the best for you as well! :luck: and YES! thats what I am doing! :D

Waitlisted at Western and Kansas. Not stressing too much because I was accepted to AVC. But if I get called off the waitlist for Kansas, I'll definitely go there. Looooved PEI, but it would be easier for the SO to find a job in Kansas. Not giving up my waitlist spot at Western, just to keep my options open, but I think I will end up giving it up. Fingers crossed! Good luck everybody!