This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piglet2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’ve been accepted into 1 school & waitlisted in the other. Do I need to withdraw from the waitlisted school by April 30th?

On another note, would it be wise to add waitlisted school on fafsa or wait until there’s acceptance in hand?

Members don't see this ad.

1) You can only hold one acceptance after April 30. You can hold as many waitlists as you want, but if you get taken off a waitlist you have to either take it and drop your other acceptance, or turn it down, I think within 2-5 days depending on what your acceptance letter says.

2) Any School you think you’ll matriculate at should be on your FAFSA.

Waitlists don’t count. You can sit on 50 waitlists if you want to, and come off any of them at any time. Just can’t hold more than one seat in a class at a time after 4/30.

For FAFSA just put any of them down, there’s no harm in it and you want to be sure you’re on top of paperwork in case of a late acceptance

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just to semi-piggy back off of this, are schools required to tell you your intitial decision by then? One school told me they let me know of post-interview decision mid to late April, but on the school forum last year they literally waited until April 29...can it be after or does it have to be before?

Just to semi-piggy back off of this, are schools required to tell you your intitial decision by then? One school told me they let me know of post-interview decision mid to late April, but on the school forum last year they literally waited until April 29...can it be after or does it have to be before?
This is from general SDN consensus...but schools are not required to give you an initial decision by April 30. It’s not very fair in my opinion, but unfortunately that’s the way it is.