Waiting for Umich tonight!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well, i'm awake...

congratulations loomis. let me know if you have any questions.

Members don't see this ad.

OMG..my email server just went down...loomis, does your status page reflect the acceptance??

can someone please post the link to the status page????!??!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cheers loomis. Thanks for the detail.

9:07pm PST - Accepted

ah well, maybe next time.

the e-mail i got said the status page will change by 12PM. i''m keeping my fingers crossed for you steinway!!

whew, thanks gleev...email came back up...scary for a sec

loom - congrats, i knew u'd be fine!

Originally posted by loomis
the e-mail i got said the status page will change by 12PM. i''m keeping my fingers crossed for you steinway!!

midnight?

hi gleevec,
they meant tomorrow by noon. here's the e-mail pasted:

You have been accepted to the University of Michigan Medical School for the 2004 entering class,
congratulations.

This is just a quick email to let you know that you have been accepted. You may verify your status after noon, Eastern
time at the U of Michigan website:
https://soleus.msis.med.umich.edu/appstatus/logon.jsp

I'm IN! I can't beleive it.....wow....

Congrats when did yall have the emails timestamped?

Members don't see this ad :)
9:03 PM my time on the west coast...so i guess 12:03 AM there

Originally posted by somekevinguy
9:03 PM my time on the west coast...so i guess 12:03 AM there

ie the rest of us can stop hitting reload and go to bed

OR NOT!

Wow, I should get a huge pessimism award. I got in. Timestamp: 12:40.

Congrats you all!

Originally posted by IrishOarsman
OR NOT!

Congrats man! Looks like UM cancels out cubs loss for ya =)

AWESOME!!!! congrats!!!!
Originally posted by IrishOarsman
OR NOT!

:clap: :clap:

congrats to those of you who got in! to those of you who haven't yet, i'm sure it's just a matter of time.

feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the school.

:clap:

i'm in!!!!

timestamp 12:38

Still nothing for me... :(

I feel kind of like I got stood up on a big date.

And it's not like I got rejected or even waitlisted. I just didn't get that special midnight e-mail.

Congrats, steinway!!! I'm really happy for you....although no real surprise!! :)
Originally posted by Steinway
i'm in!!!!

timestamp 12:38

Heells yes peole. Serious congrats to everyone who got in!!!

And for those who were looking tonight, I am genuinely sorry that you did not hear yet. I know I am last in most of your minds to say anything else... but good luck and I do sincerely hope that it works out to your desires.

If I would have applied to UMich I bet that I would have been accepted already.

Originally posted by loomis
Congrats, steinway!!! I'm really happy for you....although no real surprise!! :)

thanks loomis, i was scared for a bit, and was actually convinced that i wasn't going to get it...

sooner and the rest - don't lose hope yet, i almost did...besides if you interviewed this early at umich, they like ya!!

So how does it feel to be accepted to a top 10 school?

I'm holding my breath this week.

Originally posted by Squat n Squeeze
So how does it feel to be accepted to a top 10 school?

I'm holding my breath this week.

pretty dang good, especially since umich was my top choice going into the interview and i was blown away during the visit...i feel incredibly lucky that my top choice took me..

congrats steinway. not too shabby for a "dime-a-dozen schmuck" ;)

let me know if you have questions about umich. :)

Im in too!!! :):) Oh, and please for the love of God let's hope the cubs win tomorrow (tonight)....the aftermath of game 6 was too hard to bear...we need to break this curse soon...:)

-Ice

Hey all congratulations to all that were accepted woohooo:clap:
I will be interviewing there next week on Friday....anyone else going that day? Loomis is this your first choice?and are you bailing out of some interviews?

congrats to all who got in last night. :)
remember that even if you didn't get the midnight email, that doesn't mean a rejection .... acceptances (both outright and off the waitlist) are offered ongoing for months. people are pulled off the waitlist up until july. and there is a LOT of waitlist movement. it's a long winter, folks, hang in there and good luck! hope to see some of you in the fall! :)

thanks for the words of encouragement goodmonkey.....i unfortunately didnt get that midnight email... what are the chances of us in that situation to actually get in before having to wait all the way until april/may/summer.....? do they keep looking at us or are we just in a pile somewhere that will never be touched? but congrats to all those that got in!!!!!

anyone know the chances of acceptance off the waitlist and the timeline of when they start taking people off of it?

It's official.....I'm on the waitlist! :(

Originally posted by efex101
Hey all congratulations to all that were accepted woohooo:clap:
I will be interviewing there next week on Friday....anyone else going that day? Loomis is this your first choice?and are you bailing out of some interviews?

Hi efex
dunno yet....i'm from the east coast and wouldn't mind staying around the area. However, I have to say that after the mich interview I really found myself getting very excited about mich. you'll have a great time out there....good luck and pm if you have any specific q's.

yay!! i got my admit e-mail timestamped 12:01 am. :clap:

to soonermonkey -- you mentioned earlier in the thread that it's your top choice. given how much the waitlist moves (they repeated that at least 10 times during our interview day), you should have no problem getting in if you send an LOI. that is, if it really is your first choice :D even without an LOI you still probably have a really good shot!

Originally posted by docrichs
yay!! i got my admit e-mail timestamped 12:01 am. :clap:

to soonermonkey -- you mentioned earlier in the thread that it's your top choice. given how much the waitlist moves (they repeated that at least 10 times during our interview day), you should have no problem getting in if you send an LOI. that is, if it really is your first choice :D even without an LOI you still probably have a really good shot!

congrats docrichs!

sooner - he makes a good point, i talked to several students who knew umich was my #1 choice, and they told me that if i sent a LOI if i was waitlisted, i'd be in...

then again - chances are pretty good that a. you'll get into umich without the loi (since you interviewed so early and they have a lot of waitlist movement) and b. you'll get into some other great schools(d.a.d.s. in the house), so think hard before ya write....g'luck

Originally posted by docrichs

Yeah, but I have to admit, it's kind of a turnoff not getting the special e-mail. I think I'll wait a bit on the LOI, I haven't even heard from 9 of the schools I applied to.

Hey Ice and all, congrats, I'm in too. Definetly my top chioce. Ice, remember the "teachers lounge" that the med school students get to hang out in, and the sweet high school lockers? HAHA. Good luck to everyone.

Shanequin,

Dude, congrats man! Yea i remember the whole teachers lounge thing. And when everyone was out on recess; that was pretty funny too. Why is it that med school hallways look almost exactly like those from high school? :):)

-Ice

Hey guys,

For those of you who this is your number 1, is anyone just simply done with this process then? I'm jealous that you are so certain. Could I ask some of you to give your top reason or two why UM is your number 1?

Again, congrats all.