Waiting for Results is Driving Me Crazy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Badger1978

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I took Step 2 CK 11/18 and the wait is driving me crazy! I've been spending way too much time on the internet checking into how I can find out how I did as soon as possible...and I just took it 1.5 weeks ago! The only other wait that has taken hold of me like this was waiting for the MCAT score to come back over 5 years ago. I'm guessing this post-test anxiety is bothering me again because things have already been set into motion for my schedule for the rest of this final year of med school with the assumption I passed so it would be really painful to carve out time to re-take it if needed. If anyone else is spending way too much time waiting (who would have guessed this was an actual activity rather than a state of mind!) I can totally sympathize. Hopefully, I'll be able to find something to entertain myself for the next few weeks because this is ridiculous!

Members don't see this ad.

I do recall some people who took their Step 2 CK exam last year around this time (end of Nov, vs mid-Nov, when you took yours) who got their exam results REALLY fast. They arrived via mail in about 3 weeks! That may or may not happen this year, but you never know! Also, scores are sent electronically to the examinees' schools on Wednesdays only. Your school may have your scores next Wednesday, though today is a little ambitious!

hello,
i took ck on 03 NOV and just checked the website now to see that 29 NOV is listed as the date the scores are released. you will probably have to wait anothe r week. i know it sucks, i had to deal with T-giving delay!

good luck, i am sure you did fine. remember, everyone who reads these forums winds up with a 230 or higher, just look at all the posts :)

Bu

Ok. I took my step 2 ck on 11/06, and I was trying to figure out when I would recieve the score, but I can't seem to figure out how to do in on the website. hlep!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I took my exam on Oct 20th and I still have not received the paper copy of my scores eventhough they were released on Nov 15th. I contacted the NBME and they said they would re-send me the score on Dec 6th. Since this is within your test taking time period, maybe they will be sending your scores out at that time. Good Luck,
Jamrock

It seems Thanksgiving delayed everything by about a week. I took the exam 11/2 and my score was released today. Before the holidays, it seems people were having 3 week turn around times. If you took it the week before Thanksgiving, you'll probably have to wait that extra week also. Just be patient, it'll come.

Thanks for the advice - 2 weeks down, probably 2 more to go. Limiting on-line time and getting more into my rotation and interviews has definitely helped. Best of luck to everyone else waiting for scores.

I took my test the week of 11/15, and the website lists it as having been reported yesterday (12/6). I guess I just wait for the piece of paper at this point.

Wrigleyville, you can wait for the mail to arrive from Philly or you can contact your school's Student Affairs Office. They should be able to tell you over phone/email whether or not you passed, though you'll probably have tp visit them in person to find out your exact score!

Hi. Mine hasn't been posted yet (took it 11/18) - so hopefully I'll finally get it next week. Good luck...

Badger'78: your scores will almost certainly be released on Wednesday 12-13 based on Wrigleyville's test and score release dates. You should stop by your school that day, if you really want your exact score. I'm a bit envious: I don't even TAKE the exam until 12/19!!!

:) Great! Soon this drama will be over. Now all I have to do is convince the notoriously difficult registrar to share my results with me on Wednesday...or wait a few days more....

Hi. Results came in the mail Saturday, December 16 and I was relieved to see a respectable PASS. I am happy to move on! Best of luck to all of you at the different stages of licensing....don't let yourself get too obsessed...

So how long did the results take? 4 weeks or 3 weeks for the people that received their scores.

Also I noticed scores are always released on a Wednesday so wouldn't it be advantageous to take the exam on a Monday or Tuesday vs Thursday or Friday for faster results?

Any thoughts?

So how long did the results take? 4 weeks or 3 weeks for the people that received their scores.

Also I noticed scores are always released on a Wednesday so wouldn't it be advantageous to take the exam on a Monday or Tuesday vs Thursday or Friday for faster results?

Any thoughts?

It took Badger 4 weeks based on his initial post. Everyone else was saying 3-4weeks. What's the hurry? It will be released when it's available...1 week won't kill you.