Waiting for match results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucrx

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm struggling to wait the next 4 days to find out if I matched or if I have to scramble. And there is no way I can take the afternoon off after results are published- I have journal club due that afternoon! Anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the scramble or what to expect if I do have to scramble?

Thanks for any help! I just want to know where I'll be next year!

UCRx

Members don't see this ad.

I'm struggling to wait the next 4 days to find out if I matched or if I have to scramble. And there is no way I can take the afternoon off after results are published- I have journal club due that afternoon! Anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the scramble or what to expect if I do have to scramble?

Thanks for any help! I just want to know where I'll be next year!

UCRx

If you found that you have to scramble, take the afternoon off. C'mon, that's a bigger deal than some journal club.

What I want to know is: why on earth does it take 12 days after the close of ranking closing to get the match result. It's all computerized, and it doesn't take 288 hours to crunch the data! :confused:

If you found that you have to scramble, take the afternoon off. C'mon, that's a bigger deal than some journal club.

What I want to know is: why on earth does it take 12 days after the close of ranking closing to get the match result. It's all computerized, and it doesn't take 288 hours to crunch the data! :confused:

Double / triple check...

OP - are you presenting for the journal club or just attending? If it isn't your time to present, I would absolutely skip it - almost all preceptors would understand if presented with such a case (well, maybe...).

If you are presenting... hopefully you won't have to worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)

I've been wondering that myself! The computer program has to be finished running by now!

Unfortunately, I am presenting for journal club and it is a pretty big part of my grade. Hopefully it won't come down to that anyway!

so ive gotta question...

has anyone communicated with any people from any residency programs since the 5th?! i feel like ever since the 5th they wont respond to any email etc. like i sent an email probably about a week before the 5th and i havent gotten any response.

my friend was telling me that they usually dont like to talk close to deadlines because it may give false hope etc, like you dont wanna get too close then get stung on the 17th!

am i making sense? can any resdients chime in?!

No, but I haven't tried either.

There isn't much reason to communicate after the match deadline. What's done is done.

I communicated with the people I interviewed with just because I saw them all at APhA this weekend. And according to them, they are as anxious to find out the results as we are!

soooooo... is this when I start to just stare at the wall or is it too early for that?

I'm so staring at the walls. :)

I'm just ready to start drinking.

Copiously.