Wait-listed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats must have been a good day for wait list movement I just came off musc's this morning

Congrats! Do you know if the class is full or the deadline ppl must make their decision by?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Do you know if the class is full or the deadline ppl must make their decision by?
they didnt say if class was full. but the deadline in my email said march 25th i assume thats particular to day i came of the waitlist

I applied there also and have been waitlisted as well. It would be nice to know where you stand on the wait list but unfortunately they don't share that information

I contacted them about disclosing my number on the wait list and asked how they select their students off of it. You're right, they don't disclose number but told me that they select students based on GPA and a strong interest to attend the school. If anyone has selected the University of Scranton as their top choice, I recommend notifying them and letting them know. I would think it should bump you up a bit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was put on the waitlist at U of M Flint a few weeks ago, where they do disclose your position on the waitlist. I know my position on the waitlist but have not heard anything back from U of M since. What do you think is a reasonable amount of time for me to wait to call and ask how much the waitlist has moved?

I contacted them about disclosing my number on the wait list and asked how they select their students off of it. You're right, they don't disclose number but told me that they select students based on GPA and a strong interest to attend the school. If anyone has selected the University of Scranton as their top choice, I recommend notifying them and letting them know. I would think it should bump you up a bit.
My neighbor is a PT and actually went to Scranton so she called them and put in a good word for me so hopefully that moves me up a bit, but I haven't heard much about them going through their wait list yet.

I was accepted at the University of Scranton (my top choice) a week ago when I thought all was lost. :D DON'T GIVE UP!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! Has anyone heard back from the TJU waitlist?

I moved up on Pacific U's waitlist from #20 to #1!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@Stressedout27 Don't give up hope.... waitlists still means you have a fighting chance! I know it's stressful but there's still hope. However, all is not lost if you don't get in this round. I did two app cycles before I got in.... and as you can see, it's all possible. Keep positive and keep grinding. The hard work will pay off... I promise you!

@Stressedout27 Don't give up hope.... waitlists still means you have a fighting chance! I know it's stressful but there's still hope. However, all is not lost if you don't get in this round. I did two app cycles before I got in.... and as you can see, it's all possible. Keep positive and keep grinding. The hard work will pay off... I promise you!
I'm loving the fact you're on the pep squad with us now :). This process is enough to make a preacher cuss, but it is well worth it in the end.

Reactions: 1 user
So far I'm on the waitlist for 6 schools and I know I'm currently ranked number 2 on one of them. Hoping at least one school will pick me up this cycle...

Reactions: 2 users
My GPA 3.2 in biochemistry undergrad degree.
GRE 146 in all sections 3.0 writing.

I Had an interview with CSI in January and had been put on waitlist.

can please someone tell me what are my chances to get accepted? what are the chances someone will drop out?... do i need to reapply for next year?

Thank You

My GPA 3.2 in biochemistry undergrad degree.
GRE 146 in all sections 3.0 writing.

I Had an interview with CSI in January and had been put on waitlist.

can please someone tell me what are my chances to get accepted? what are the chances someone will drop out?... do i need to reapply for next year?

Thank You

Your stats are low. I recommend preparing for the next cycle by studying and retaking the GRE.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Your stats are low. I recommend preparing for the next cycle by studying and retaking the GRE.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app
ye i guess you right.. i guess ill wait and see... the gre is so insane

Last edited:
ye i guess you right.. i guess ill wait and see... the gre is so insane
I don't know what's average now but an average GRE is good enough to get into most programs cause they don't really care about it (it's really just a formality). My class averaged whatever the average was at the time.

Waitlisted at Scranton and Stockton. No acceptances yet so this is quite nerve-wrecking. Fingers crossed everything will work out!

Waitlisted at Rutgers North and MCPHS. Hoping things will work out!

Waitlisted to Rutgers, Sacred Heart, Stockton and Hartford. Hoping to hear back soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

waitlisted at Chatham....has anyone heard anything from them yet?

Waitlisted to Rutgers, Sacred Heart, Stockton and Hartford. Hoping to hear back soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I was aso waitlisted at sacred heart a month ago... they don't even update you and don't tell what is your place in line :(

Are your chances good to be accepted from a wait list? I am currently on 4; Western, College of St. Scholastica, Franklin Pierce (AZ), and Franklin Pierce (NH). I was told that I'm ranked in the middle of the list at FPU, but other schools either don't rank or won't share info. It seems to me that there aren't many posts of applicants being accepted off of a wait list so far this year.... I'm still very optimistic that I'll end up somewhere, especially since I have another interview tomorrow for perhaps my #1 school, but until I receive that first acceptance, I'm going to remain nervous.
When did you hear from FPU AZ? I have not heard from them and since you say you have been placed on a waitlist, am thinking I will be getting a rejection letter. :(

Sorry just realized this is an old thread.

Last edited:
Under Grad: Southern Utah University
Major: Exercise Science
GPA: 3.49
Pre-req: 3.40
GRE: 156V, 155Q, 4.5w
Hours 75 outpatient private practice, 75 inpatient hospital 10 hours SNF
extra curricular: President and Co-founder of PT club, University Mascot for 3 years, Eagle Scout, and served two year service mission .
FP AZ or NH? When did you hear?

Sorry just realized this is an old thread.

same here guys!
I got wait listed at NOVA- TAMPA since 01/26/2016....
waiting game is not fun at all

Just a little encouragement.... I was wait listed when I started applying for PT school and I did not end up hearing from any schools that first application cycle but I applied again the next year and got in. The waiting game is awful and I mean just terrible but I am now just 6 months from graduating and I too had to go through the dreaded wait list/rejection process but it has all worked out. Good luck to any of you that have been wait listed or rejected... I really hope it works out for the best for you :)

Reactions: 3 users
Just a little encouragement.... I was wait listed when I started applying for PT school and I did not end up hearing from any schools that first application cycle but I applied again the next year and got in. The waiting game is awful and I mean just terrible but I am now just 6 months from graduating and I too had to go through the dreaded wait list/rejection process but it has all worked out. Good luck to any of you that have been wait listed or rejected... I really hope it works out for the best for you :)
Did you do anything the second round to be a more competitive applicant?

Hi all! I just wanted to share that I got off a waitlist this morning!! I also wanted to say that one thing I did to set myself apart from the rest of the waitlist is that I sent a letter of continued interest to the program and I think that really helped me.

Stay strong! There's still hope!!!

I was accepted off the waitlist at RU this morning! Don't give up hope!

Hi all! I just wanted to share that I got off a waitlist this morning!! I also wanted to say that one thing I did to set myself apart from the rest of the waitlist is that I sent a letter of continued interest to the program and I think that really helped me.

Where did you get accepted?

Did you do anything the second round to be a more competitive applicant?

I did, I re-took a physics class that I had a C in and took the GRE again. I only improved by a few points with the GRE retake. Other than that I really did not do much. Best of luck to all of you!

Hi... i am corrently on waitlist too... can you tell me what did you write on the letter you mentioned?... i think i should do the same.... my email is [email protected]... thank you

Hey all I'm currently on the waitlist for UM, CsuLB, UPitt, Creighton, FPU(NH). The waiting game is so stressful..I didn't have many in patient hours compared to outpatient. I may have to apply again next cycle. Hoping I hear back from UM. Good luck!

-can you please give me advice on to what did you write in the letter? I would really appreciate this thank you..

Hello everyone!

I am currently wait listed at the University of Miami and Georgia State University, UM is definitely my top choice and unfortunately they do not disclose the positioning. Does anyone have any information on how many people they normally wait list / how many are typically offered a spot from the wait list? If not, do you think that is a valid question to email Ms. Vega without being too much of a pest? haha.

Good luck everybody!

Hello everyone!

I am currently wait listed at the University of Miami and Georgia State University, UM is definitely my top choice and unfortunately they do not disclose the positioning. Does anyone have any information on how many people they normally wait list / how many are typically offered a spot from the wait list? If not, do you think that is a valid question to email Ms. Vega without being too much of a pest? haha.

Good luck everybody!

Hey,

UM is my top choice as well, it is such a great school! I'm really hoping they get back to us, since it's already April. I emailed Jhelane and she had said that Miami doesn't disclose anything, but I didn't ask about how many they waitlist. Good Luck!

Hey is anyone changing their mind about either Rutgers South or Stockton? I am currently on the waitlist at both schools and hope to go to either one. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, has anybody thought of an alternative pathway in the health sciences/medicine field if they don't get into PT schools this year? For example PA, RN, PTA or NP? Or will you guys apply again this year?

Waitlist success story.... Just got off the waitlist for my top school 2 weeks before classes start. Definitely going to be crazy getting everything lined up, but it'll be worth it! Don't lose faith guys :)