Wait-listed, now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lidaojie37

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview at my #1 school. I was placed on the wait list. What I worry about is with my other interviewers coming up, if I get accepted anywhere else, I'd have to accept their admission offer before hearing anything from my #1 school. So my question is this: what is the general consensus on if there is a tactful/appropriate way to be the squeaky wheel so to speak, and if so, what is it? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You can stay on the waitlist at your #1 and interview and accept an offer elsewhere. If you're removed from the waitlist you can decline your acceptance to the other school later, you're just out your seat deposit.

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview at my #1 school. I was placed on the wait list. What I worry about is with my other interviewers coming up, if I get accepted anywhere else, I'd have to accept their admission offer before hearing anything from my #1 school. So my question is this: what is the general consensus on if there is a tactful/appropriate way to be the squeaky wheel so to speak, and if so, what is it? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Without an accept, you should get used to going to the schools that accept you.

IF, you don't like those schools, turn down their accepts immediately.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the replies so far, but with wait lists being fluid, is there a way to make myself look better to the school and hopefully not get looked over?

Thank you for the replies so far, but with wait lists being fluid, is there a way to make myself look better to the school and hopefully not get looked over?
If something new happens you can update. End of semester grades or something like that, not “I shadowed a doctor more!”