Wait for Secondary Invitations or Getteh Mout!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Super Rob

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Only a handful of schools have sent secondary invites. I'm aware that some of the other colleges waiting for my verified AMCAS application have online secondaries.

Here's my question: in the past, have people WAITED for each school to get in touch with them before filling out their secondary application (for schools that mail secondaries, there is no choice); or have people gone to school websites after completing AMCAS in order to complete and submit the secondary?

For instance, Hopkins allows you to register for their secondary online, even if they haven't received your AMCAS. Is it a smart idea to begin working on the secondary without their acknowledgement?

Your input is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Getteh Mout, most definitely! And good luck with your applications. :)

I agree. Fill 'em out now. Once your AMCAS is verified the Adcom can start perusing your file and hopefully the interviews will start rolling in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I second the get 'em out procedure !

I complete 16 secondaries while I was waiting to be verified and now that I've been verified I am getting like 4 new ones per day! I applied to alot of schools so that's part of it, but I am SOOO glad that at least the first big pile (with lots of gnarly essays ... ) are done and out of the way.

It's like surfing, gotta stay on top of the wave as much as you can !

Anyone know which places you can send em out to while still waiting to be verified?

shoudl we send them out, even if we havent been offered a secondary? what if they ask for a secondary authorization number or something? leave it blank?

anyone know which of the following I should do the secondaries for even though i am still waiting to be verified by AMCAS.

Case Western
Dartmouth
Duke
Georgetown
Harvard
Hopkins
Mayo
Michigan State
Mount Sinai
Northwestern
Tufts
UMich
UPenn
UPitt
Wayne State
WashU

Originally posted by Xega
anyone know which of the following I should do the secondaries for even though i am still waiting to be verified by AMCAS.

YES
Dartmouth
WashU
Mount Sinai

DON'T KNOW
Duke
Harvard
Hopkins
Michigan State
UMich
UPenn
Wayne State

I got one from U Penn while waiting to be verified but never got Mt. Sinai's. Weird.