Wage Transparency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JM11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Long time follower (think I posted under a different name as resident-can't figure it out). Anyway, anesthesiologist in NYC, attending. I assume we're all getting hammer called/texted/emailed by recruiters in a similar fashion. I'm still shocked by the lack of wage/location transparency in job searching and recruitment endeavors, even with such a desperate shortage of healthcare workers, so I spent some time building this. Wondering what this discerning group thinks. Is this needed? This is the landing page, live application in a couple weeks.

www.scrubhunt.com

The goal is clear hourly wages on a simple to use fully integrated platform to promote more fair wages through job transparency.

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting idea - not sure how unique it is outside of being a different format. You definitely have some competition, GasWorks being a big one that I see all the time. It has a searchable database by state, job, +/- recruiters, 1099 vs W2, etc. Where will you get your info? Are you soliciting ads or what? Are you acting as a go-between with the intent of making money on referrals, or are you simply passing along info?

It's hit or miss on any ads placed by employers as far as wages. Some just aren't going to share that info online.

Recruiter ads are going to provide very few details until you sign on the dotted line with them, which is exactly why I never recommend anyone using them. They will not tell you where or how much until you've signed a contract which will prohibit you from contacting any employer they refer you to for a period of time, usually a couple years. In this hiring market, it's unnecessary to go that route unless you have very specific needs. Remember that someone is paying that recruiter - usually the employer - and it ain't cheap. Better for that money to go in your pocket as a signing bonus rather than a recruiter fee.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. Need more transparency about your site.

Why do we need to register with our email address? How do you make money with the site or is it a hobby? Do you sell our info? Will we get spammed if we enter our email address?

Gaswork does not require any sort of registration in order to browse their listings.

2. In production based private practices, hourly wages can be very difficult to calculate. It can be $1000/hr during the first hour of a heart and $0/hr while eating snacks in the doctors lounge between cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
You’d have to recruit your own intelligence officers for this to work. The rates the (Locum) recruiter tells you are the lowest bare minimum. Just recently I got three agencies recruiting with three different rates for the same job in the region that I am interested in…..

At the end of the day, I think it’s just how welling you are to walk away from a ****ty job. If you have the goods and the confidence to play ball, it’s definitely a bull market out there for us. We all know what the rate “should” be. Whether you believe that, is up to the individual.

As anecdotal account, recently I was offer the rate X, and I asked for 1.15X. (My spirit guide @chocomorsel to me to always negotiate up never take the first offer). To my surprise (maybe I shouldn’t…) it was accepted within hours.

Just my 2c.

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for your reply, jwk. You've been super insightful over the years-I appreciate you.

Yes very competitive market, I like the simplicity of gaswork (it was useful in finding my current job-which I love). I'm a first time founder so-to-speak, so in reference to the revenue model, a lot will be dependent on trial and error, listening (and actually implementing) early user feedback; to discover what (if anything) the market actually wants here.

I think some things to know in order to answer your thoughtful inquiries regarding differentiation: This is a full stack, front + back end cloud based app that's super simple to use, but (almost) unlimited in what features can be built into it (a user workflow GIF will replace the screenshot on the landing page shortly). With 2 clicks you choose your job ( for you, you'd click two bubbles:Allied health pro-> CAA), you choose your minimum hourly salary on a slider, then distance radius slider which is location-based -> jobs populate. You can switch a toggle switch back and forth between highest salary or closest proximity; that orders the jobs. Jobs that have a higher hourly wage (or shorter proximity), move to the top obviously.

Freemium model: Any user, for free, can browse without limit, create a profile with photo, store their CV on the platform-so with just one 'Apply' click, you can submit your CV without having to repeatedly upload it. As one upgrades, different features become available that enable users to standout in an application que, communicate in real time, submit unlimited numbers of applications in a given time frame etc. There will be a transparent menu and no games. Everything simplicity and transparency in all that we will do.

Any employer who posts a job (for FREE until traction benchmarks are achieved based on healthcare user #) has a different portal, can manage/ sort applicants, view their credentials, communicate in real time, eventually interview directly through the application with video chat (coming soon). Once mutual traction exists (but not before that), employers will pay per job post. No back printing random job posts from different job boards like most out there.

I think employers are definitely not used to posting clear hourly wages, but, if the healthcare professional user base is strong enough (and its actually growing a lot faster than I thought it would!), and IF it is determined that this is how healthcare professionals WANT to search for jobs, perhaps employers may experience that this is in fact better, faster and FAR cheaper than third party recruitment efforts, especially in the locum tenens space. They could utilize financial resources otherwise spent on crazy staffing fees, to advertise higher hourly salaries themselves, which improves job visibility on the job board making an overall more attractive offer, attracting more candidates. They can outline the rest of the job details in their description; but an hourly salary is required to permit the job post; at the end of the day, financial renumeration, independent of other job benefits, boils down to compensation per hour worked, in most situations. It will require a small vote of faith from healthcare professionals (to sign up for free) that want to see this change take place, followed by employer adoption to discover improved efficiency in doing things a bit different. Curious to hear any feedback! Feels like its time to change things up a bit.

Reactions: 1 users
1. Need more transparency about your site.

Why do we need to register with our email address? How do you make money with the site or is it just a hobby? Do you sell our info? Will we get spammed if we enter our email address?

Gaswork does not require any sort of registration in order to browse their listings.

2. In production based private practices, hourly wages can be very difficult to calculate. It can be $1000/hr during the first hour of a heart and $0/hr while eating snacks in the doctors lounge between cases.
Thanks for this feedback. Noted. Working to get the app live asap so everything can be seen. Absolutely no selling of personal data. You simply need to sign up with an email address only if you wish to apply. You can definitely search in an unlimited fashion. Google authentication will be used, there is very strict privacy law protecting user information. No spam. See reply to jwk regarding revenue model. Not just a hobby-trying to create meaningful change. I hear you on (2). In that situation We will recommend that a job place a minimum hourly salary that can be guaranteed and then in the job description one can describe nuances that may increase compensation. Again-thanks for these questions; dully noted on transparency in the site.

Reactions: 1 user
You’d have to recruit your own intelligence officers for this to work. The rates the (Locum) recruiter tells you are the lowest bare minimum. Just recently I got three agencies recruiting with three different rates for the same job in the region that I am interested in…..

At the end of the day, I think it’s just how welling you are to walk away from a ****ty job. If you have the goods and the confidence to play ball, it’s definitely a bull market out there for us. We all know what the rate “should” be. Whether you believe that, is up to the individual.

As anecdotal account, recently I was offer the rate X, and I asked for 1.15X. (My spirit guide @chocomorsel to me to always negotiate up never take the first offer). To my surprise (maybe I shouldn’t…) it was accepted within hours.

Just my 2c.
I hear you. Lack of transparency is a core component of third party staffing business models. Not trying to discredit their work, but this is how its become if I understand things correctly.

Unless they are paying me to sign up. No incentive to give any information. Do these websites that collect data think people are stupid?

Unless they are paying me to sign up. No incentive to give any information. Do these websites that collect data think people are stupid?
Thanks for your feedback-appreciated. I share your concern in protecting privacy data, mine-as well as others who choose to use share theirs. So just to clarify, I'm a currently practicing anesthesiologist-not a large data aggregator by trade. The idea is to create pay transparency to promote fair pay, not to collect and monetize on email addresses as a business model. I'm interested to know what you think would be a more suitable strategy for communication between prospective candidates, employers and a software platform. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Just my 2c.
The thing that’s crazy is I told one amc (direct) $325-350/hr and I’m local so no housing costs or travel cost. That’s market rate. Amc was trying to give $300/hr perm diem 1099. Yet amc’s Division locums rate is $350/hr plus travel and lodging.

Makes zero sense. Unless they got some other entity footing the travel and lodging and other expenses.

dont think this is needed. you can email the recruiters to get the rate. or you can peruse the locums posts here and on gasworks. putting more of my information on another website is useless. also, theres no way to verify this information as its all hearsay.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for your feedback-appreciated. I share your concern in protecting privacy data, mine-as well as others who choose to use share theirs. So just to clarify, I'm a currently practicing anesthesiologist-not a large data aggregator by trade. The idea is to create pay transparency to promote fair pay, not to collect and monetize on email addresses as a business model. I'm interested to know what you think would be a more suitable strategy for communication between prospective candidates, employers and a software platform. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
To be honest. It’s basically every man (or woman) for themselves in the real world with anesthesia. The employer doesn’t care about the employee. Only to maximize work for the lowest acceptable wage.

The employee is vice versa. Trying to maximize the least amount of work for the pay.

The problem we have in anesthesia is call coverage, night time/weekend coverage , what is beeper coverage /how much is our “time” worth on beeper, acuity of case/workload (asa 1/2 gyn vs asa 4.5 in remote location).

The employee will say weekend day time is worth 30% extra. The employer will say it’s part of the w2 regular package. The employee will say weekend nights is worth 50% extra. No one will ever give u the consensus. I’ve had my colleagues tell me beeper is incredibly hard to figure out. Crna’s don’t want to be on beeper at my place. Most crna’s will not want to be beeper at all even if it’s paid at $50/hr plus time worked in the hospital (basically making their pay $200-250/hr). They won’t even do that. And I think MDs need to think the same.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
dont think this is needed. you can email the recruiters to get the rate. or you can peruse the locums posts here and on gasworks. putting more of my information on another website is useless. also, theres no way to verify this information as its all hearsay.
Appreciate your response. It sounds like you have a system that works for you. Just for clarity, you would not need to input your email, unless you were planning to apply for a job-in which case, we feel email is the most acceptable form of communication. Either way-your feedback is appreciated.

To be honest. It’s basically every man (or woman) for themselves in the real world with anesthesia. The employer doesn’t care about the employee. Only to maximize work for the lowest acceptable wage.

The employee is vice versa. Trying to maximize the least amount of work for the pay.

The problem we have in anesthesia is call coverage, night time/weekend coverage , what is beeper coverage /how much is our “time” worth on beeper, acuity of case/workload (asa 1/2 gyn vs asa 4.5 in remote location).

The employee will say weekend day time is worth 30% extra. The employer will say it’s part of the w2 regular package. The employee will say weekend nights is worth 50% extra. No one will ever give u the consensus. I’ve had my colleagues tell me beeper is incredibly hard to figure out. Crna’s don’t want to be on beeper at my place. Most crna’s will not want to be beeper at all even if it’s paid at $50/hr plus time worked in the hospital (basically making their pay $200-250/hr). They won’t even do that. And I think MDs need to think the same.
I couldn't agree with you more. Somewhat of a dilemma. Of note, the healthcare job market is large, and needless to say, extends beyond the anesthesiology job market, as does the supply-demand mismatch so-to-speak. I didn't realize myself how large the healthcare staffing market alone is, which may speak to the magnitude of that mismatch, in some way. I've read over 40B, and projected to grow. Makes me wonder about more efficient ways to close the gap; other than cold calls, emails etc.
Healthcare Staffing Market Size Projected to Reach $89.8 Billion by 2031

The thing that’s crazy is I told one amc (direct) $325-350/hr and I’m local so no housing costs or travel cost. That’s market rate. Amc was trying to give $300/hr perm diem 1099. Yet amc’s Division locums rate is $350/hr plus travel and lodging.

Makes zero sense. Unless they got some other entity footing the travel and lodging and other expenses.

I have some idea who you’re talking about. Is it bridge? Anyway I had the same exact conversation recently.
A lot of crazy ideas that’s emerging in this very tight market. In our hospital system, we have a few huge hospitals, with some satellite hospitals. Some genius created a traveling nurses program within the system. So basically you’re robbing Peter to pay Paul. You would rather create this nebulous program, shifting your already tight staff, than reward loyalty to your existing staff who may have been there for years. They pay these “traveling nurses” at a premium.

Same thing with the AMC’s mindset. When you’re working within your “home territory”, it’s a benefit to YOU, therefore you need to pay for the convenience of staying home. So you deserve less hourly rate. Rather than seeing it as a plus for them, because you’re so close, to have a good relationship with you…. One of these days if one of their physician calls out, or got sick, there is a possibility that you maybe at home and welling to come to work.

My observation of the traveling nurses who have come through, their assignments cannot be longer than 12 weeks, they cannot be in their “home hospital” for more than that amount of time either. So there must be something the administration is trying to avoid.

I believe it’s all some accounting bull**** the higher up is playing. The money for regular per-diem workers comes out of a different pot of money than locum pot of money. There’s also a differential if they pay you as W-2 per-diem or 1099. Even though in our simple minds, it’s money coming out of the same company…. Or they have some way to account for it as a capitalized lost, so it won’t show up right away on their balance sheet.

Just speculations. I wish someone here is high enough on that corporate ladder to give us the real scoop.

I have some idea who you’re talking about. Is it bridge? Anyway I had the same exact conversation recently.
A lot of crazy ideas that’s emerging in this very tight market. In our hospital system, we have a few huge hospitals, with some satellite hospitals. Some genius created a traveling nurses program within the system. So basically you’re robbing Peter to pay Paul. You would rather create this nebulous program, shifting your already tight staff, than reward loyalty to your existing staff who may have been there for years. They pay these “traveling nurses” at a premium.

Same thing with the AMC’s mindset. When you’re working within your “home territory”, it’s a benefit to YOU, therefore you need to pay for the convenience of staying home. So you deserve less hourly rate. Rather than seeing it as a plus for them, because you’re so close, to have a good relationship with you…. One of these days if one of their physician calls out, or got sick, there is a possibility that you maybe at home and welling to come to work.

My observation of the traveling nurses who have come through, their assignments cannot be longer than 12 weeks, they cannot be in their “home hospital” for more than that amount of time either. So there must be something the administration is trying to avoid.

I believe it’s all some accounting bull**** the higher up is playing. The money for regular per-diem workers comes out of a different pot of money than locum pot of money. There’s also a differential if they pay you as W-2 per-diem or 1099. Even though in our simple minds, it’s money coming out of the same company…. Or they have some way to account for it as a capitalized lost, so it won’t show up right away on their balance sheet.

Just speculations. I wish someone here is high enough on that corporate ladder to give us the real scoop.
I think I follow. If my understanding of your assertions/speculations are correct, my belief is that perhaps we incorrectly assume a certain level of competence within the corporate bodies you're referencing. Just because a business is large, doesn't mean it is sustainable or efficient imho. As an example to my point, there is another thread in this forum that references what appears to be a dysfunctional business model (to say the least) of Envision and the subsequent loss incurred by KKR depicted in recent WSJ articles. While some may assert that KKR is a massive and successful investment asset management/hedge fund, which they are, the private equity division that holds envision must still reconcile a relatively large loss, perhaps in part due to some of the non-sensical healthcare staffing practices that you reference. Do you agree? Thanks for your response. Curious to hear what others, who may be more accurately informed (than myself), think.

Hey Everyone,

Long time follower (think I posted under a different name as resident-can't figure it out). Anyway, anesthesiologist in NYC, attending. I assume we're all getting hammer called/texted/emailed by recruiters in a similar fashion. I'm still shocked by the lack of wage/location transparency in job searching and recruitment endeavors, even with such a desperate shortage of healthcare workers, so I spent some time building this. Wondering what this discerning group thinks. Is this needed? This is the landing page, live application in a couple weeks.

www.scrubhunt.com

The goal is clear hourly wages on a simple to use fully integrated platform to promote more fair wages through job transparency.
you are anesthesiologist. should go into tech instead hahaha

website looks good

there is supposed to be wage transparency in NY, but i noticed some employers are still posting without salaries. i guess they are thinking what can people do to them even if they dont follow the rules? which anesthesiologist is gonna take the time to report them?

Hey Everyone,

www.scrubhunt.com

in my opinion it is useful. but also would be good to be able to filter jobs or separate jobs by description (eg , trauma, stroke, in house calls with emergencies, high risk ob or ob volume etc). Our admins have no idea how anesthesiology works imo. she says she looks at percentile pay of practices, but practices are SO different, and the work done is so different. trauma centers requiring overnight trauma coverage shouldnt be compared to 7-3 cush job with no call, no weekends, no nights. none of that stuff is filtered when admin here compares.

Interesting idea - not sure how unique it is outside of being a different format. You definitely have some competition, GasWorks being a big one that I see all the time. It has a searchable database by state, job, +/- recruiters, 1099 vs W2, etc. Where will you get your info? Are you soliciting ads or what? Are you acting as a go-between with the intent of making money on referrals, or are you simply passing along info?

It's hit or miss on any ads placed by employers as far as wages. Some just aren't going to share that info online.

Recruiter ads are going to provide very few details until you sign on the dotted line with them, which is exactly why I never recommend anyone using them. They will not tell you where or how much until you've signed a contract which will prohibit you from contacting any employer they refer you to for a period of time, usually a couple years. In this hiring market, it's unnecessary to go that route unless you have very specific needs. Remember that someone is paying that recruiter - usually the employer - and it ain't cheap. Better for that money to go in your pocket as a signing bonus rather than a recruiter fee.
agree with you but they are supposed to include wages in their ads.

"On December 21, 2022, Governor Hochul signed into law Senate Bill S9427A, which amends the New York Labor Law requiring covered employers to list salary ranges in job postings and advertisements."

that be nice. but there are tons of MDs out there who dont negotiate at all, way more than i realized until i got into practice years ago. Many MDs are like sheeps, just get pushed around and say yes to everything, as if they have no choice to switch jobs. when i first got my first job, weekends were included in the W2, so were overnight trauma calls. And the w2 was like bottom of bottom pay. (like low/mid 200k in 2017).
Admin would pay a small amount for pager calls on weekend/night, their argument for not giving more is you are just holding a pager! if you come in you get paid per hour.

thing have gotten way better compared to before after a couple more vocal people joined, but still, majority of the department are quiet, and its frustrating. also a lot of new grads feel like they are in no position to negotiate.

I think I follow. If my understanding of your assertions/speculations are correct, my belief is that perhaps we incorrectly assume a certain level of competence within the corporate bodies you're referencing. Just because a business is large, doesn't mean it is sustainable or efficient imho. As an example to my point, there is another thread in this forum that references what appears to be a dysfunctional business model (to say the least) of Envision and the subsequent loss incurred by KKR depicted in recent WSJ articles. While some may assert that KKR is a massive and successful investment asset management/hedge fund, which they are, the private equity division that holds envision must still reconcile a relatively large loss, perhaps in part due to some of the non-sensical healthcare staffing practices that you reference. Do you agree? Thanks for your response. Curious to hear what others, who may be more accurately informed (than myself), think.

I just hate the saying “too big to fail….” A lot of these AMCs are using their economy of size to sell themselves. Is bigger always better? I don’t see the advantages in community health care. Usually the decision maker is too far away to be efficient. With the increase of size, you also get decrease in adaptability. Lastly, the mothership may be set in their ways, unable/unwilling to change for the local needs.

I’ve seen AMCs in action a few times. Many times the answer is “we cannot change for you, because then we’d have to change every anesthesiologists contract….” Or “that’s our per-diem rate for our W-2, cannot pay you more than our docs…” “we need to ask for the permission from X….”

What happened to we will give the control to the local group, when they recruit you. Out the window, that’s where….

JM, I gave your idea some thought. I think it’s a great idea, but like some of other posters said, who’s your audience? How are you going to make money? From the agency, the hospital/PP (employers), or the employees? How are you going to charge? When I look for a job now, pay itself is certainly important. But I also want to know supervision ratio, % of doing my own cases. Call burden and structure, or opportunities of taking “easy” or “hard” calls…. Most of these information aren’t readily available to the locum company. Their goal is just to “present” you to the “site director”. (I have problems with their terminology.) to find out these you almost need an anesthesiologist to do the intake.

Moreover, if I find a “good” locum job, I may just stay for a while, I wouldn’t need your services/website for a while. The hope some of these sites/locations will be able to hire is some far fetched fantasy. Some of the perm jobs that are advertising, will never ever able to hire in this market.

you are anesthesiologist. should go into tech instead hahaha

website looks good

there is supposed to be wage transparency in NY, but i noticed some employers are still posting without salaries. i guess they are thinking what can people do to them even if they dont follow the rules? which anesthesiologist is gonna take the time to report them?
lol. Yes I'm an anesthesiologist, practice in manhattan with a great group of people- do our own cases. New to the idea of creating something. Thanks! I built the application as a starting point using a low-code platform! Definitely still a work in progress as you might be able to tell. Yes! there is supposed to be wage transparency in NY, but my experience in understanding this so far, is I'm simply seeing vague salary ranges which imho haven't really created any new or effective transparency-maybe this will change. Thanks for your reply!

in my opinion it is useful. but also would be good to be able to filter jobs or separate jobs by description (eg , trauma, stroke, in house calls with emergencies, high risk ob or ob volume etc). Our admins have no idea how anesthesiology works imo. she says she looks at percentile pay of practices, but practices are SO different, and the work done is so different. trauma centers requiring overnight trauma coverage shouldnt be compared to 7-3 cush job with no call, no weekends, no nights. none of that stuff is filtered when admin here compares.
Totally agree with your assessment!. I plan to make changes to the platform as time goes on, assuming I can learn to implement features that doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals would find useful. Essentially trying to build value in as I learn. So thanks again for your contribution/reply.

that be nice. but there are tons of MDs out there who dont negotiate at all, way more than i realized until i got into practice years ago. Many MDs are like sheeps, just get pushed around and say yes to everything, as if they have no choice to switch jobs. when i first got my first job, weekends were included in the W2, so were overnight trauma calls. And the w2 was like bottom of bottom pay. (like low/mid 200k in 2017).
Admin would pay a small amount for pager calls on weekend/night, their argument for not giving more is you are just holding a pager! if you come in you get paid per hour.

thing have gotten way better compared to before after a couple more vocal people joined, but still, majority of the department are quiet, and its frustrating. also a lot of new grads feel like they are in no position to negotiate.
Couldn't agree more with this. In a way I feel like developing a more unified collective voice might be part of the solution. Much like this forum!

I just hate the saying “too big to fail….” A lot of these AMCs are using their economy of size to sell themselves. Is bigger always better? I don’t see the advantages in community health care. Usually the decision maker is too far away to be efficient. With the increase of size, you also get decrease in adaptability. Lastly, the mothership may be set in their ways, unable/unwilling to change for the local needs.

I’ve seen AMCs in action a few times. Many times the answer is “we cannot change for you, because then we’d have to change every anesthesiologists contract….” Or “that’s our per-diem rate for our W-2, cannot pay you more than our docs…” “we need to ask for the permission from X….”

What happened to we will give the control to the local group, when they recruit you. Out the window, that’s where….

JM, I gave your idea some thought. I think it’s a great idea, but like some of other posters said, who’s your audience? How are you going to make money? From the agency, the hospital/PP (employers), or the employees? How are you going to charge? When I look for a job now, pay itself is certainly important. But I also want to know supervision ratio, % of doing my own cases. Call burden and structure, or opportunities of taking “easy” or “hard” calls…. Most of these information aren’t readily available to the locum company. Their goal is just to “present” you to the “site director”. (I have problems with their terminology.) to find out these you almost need an anesthesiologist to do the intake.

Moreover, if I find a “good” locum job, I may just stay for a while, I wouldn’t need your services/website for a while. The hope some of these sites/locations will be able to hire is some far fetched fantasy. Some of the perm jobs that are advertising, will never ever able to hire in this market.
IMGASMD-this is a great post.
I think your insight is spot on.

Finding an audience is key. I'm trying to apply a scientific method so-to-speak to answer the questions you raise; many of which are addressed in an excellent book I'm reading:"The lean startup", by Eric Ries.

Although implicit, rather than explicit in the copy on my landing page, is a business model directed first at the locums market. I think it might be easier to learn and test in a niche market. There are approximately 22 million healthcare workers in the US based on by market research, most of which as you might imagine are nurses. Revenue modeling and pricing are large topics and getting it "right," must be accomplished.

Because our goal is to create meaningful change, which may cause some disruption, user adoption to a new way of thinking is required, and as you might imagine, will not be a simple task. Because the goal is to empower healthcare employees through transparency, I plan to keep the super simple and pleasant browsing function on this software application free- always, for everyone. A "freemium" model will allow a host of upgraded features (see my response to jwk), an affordable subscription pricing for those members. Many people (including myself at the earliest stage of this) don't realize the risk and overhead involved in maintaining a full stack software platform.

While folks who want to simply browse their job options to satiate curiosity, confirm their current employment value, or even utilize that information as leverage to negotiate a higher wage at their current shop, might not find value in a subscription model with more features, but folks who independently contract, have a travel career or change jobs frequently, may find value in doing so, using scrubhunt in a premium way.

Employers typically pay upwards of 30% of the overall hourly rate to staffing agencies for any immediate need healthcare employee. You can imagine what some of the implications in that arrangement might be: 30% less capital in what is likely a fixed allocation for staffing. Because it would be far cheaper to simply post a job add to a captive and available audience of healthcare workers, that employer could simply utilize a fraction of those funds to advertise a significantly higher rate, which improves visibility of their job post, potentially shortening time to hire, which could cause a competitive effect increasing other wage offerings by other employers, while still remaining a cheaper option. As you might know, wage transparency has been shown to promote "fair pay," which can mean an increase OR a decrease in wages; but in a market where supply does not meet demand, like ours, the effect will be an increase in wages as fair pay effect.

Once traction is established and independent employers see that this way of hiring is better, faster and cheaper, the primary revenue will come in the way of tiered or graduated pricing in pay per job post per month, but not before that. The primary goal isn't so much volume of users; its user traction-that is, how many healthcare professionals are able to connect with and result in conversion to hire per job post-that is the metric we are focused on, which dictates where and when we roll out in various locations.

I'm most interested in making profit to be reinvested into the platform and service model, to continue to build out features and establish a community based on transparency that better serve our needs as doctors, nurses, allied health professionals etc, and in doing so (product development), we can easily add features that account for the important variables specific to different specialties that you mentioned. But as it stands, those variables will be described in the job post details at the earliest stage. Our initial thinking is this: in a general sense, the most important preliminary issues in any job search is a clearly defined role, financial renumeration per unit of time and location. Unless those three variables align, the rest of the story is a moot point. However, I want to emphasize that at this stage, we are seeking to really understand what our customers want-so we can make that happen. We are of the belief that ultimate transparency will also drive the development of a trust-worthy community. People first. Maybe sounds naive and crazy, but, there are worse things to be called :)
Thanks again for your reply.
JM