WA state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RNnowDoclater

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!!

I'm a 25 y/o RN in the Seattle area working at UWMC. Anyway, I am seriously considering med school in the not-so-extremely-far distant future.
I'm looking for a formal post-bacc program that has good advising. There's only one in Seattle at Seattle University and I don't know really anything about it. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. It's also dang expensive.
My question is I guess, since WA doesn't offer many options, which colleges across the states aren't gonna kill me with non-resident tuition costs? Or are there any colleges with post-bacc programs at which there is no prices difference?
Thanks for any advise.

Z

Members don't see this ad.

Was in a similar situation a few years ago....
I had never heard of post bac, until a DO school (LECOM) had rejected me, yet sent me info regarding their postbac...a 1 yr program. Being from seattle, I looked around the NW and only found UWs masters in Biomedical Sciences (2yr program). UW admissions told me to do their program and retake the mcat. I thought this through and it was not worth my time. Thought itd be better to pay the extra money and move across the country.
Anyway...I did really well there, and was accepted this time. UW still wanted me to retake the mcat...even after they saw my grades from postbac. I stayed in PA.
I suggest looking at oregon...perhaps they have one now. But I know the NW is not a hot spot for medical schools (WA has a desperate need for another), so you are probably out of luck.
stomper