W or B in Gen Chem II?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shogun4877

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a 36-year-old nontrad currently taking the prereqs for medical school. I did terribly as an undergrad (2.6 GPA, majored in English Literature).

The prereqs have been going well (Algebra A+, Precalculus A+, General Chemistry A+). But I'm currently taking General Chemistry II and struggling. My grade on the first exam was 78 (B), and my quiz average is 80 (B). There is one more exam plus the final left to go.

My question: Do I withdraw from the course and try again this fall? Or do I finish the course and more than likely get a B- or B? In other words, will a B- or B prevent me from getting into medical school?

Thanks for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I'm a 36-year-old nontrad currently taking the prereqs for medical school. I did terribly as an undergrad (2.6 GPA, majored in English Literature).

The prereqs have been going well (Algebra A+, Precalculus A+, General Chemistry A+). But I'm currently taking General Chemistry II and struggling. My grade on the first exam was 78 (B), and my quiz average is 80 (B). There is one more exam plus the final left to go.

My question: Do I withdraw from the course and try again this fall? Or do I finish the course and more than likely get a B- or B? In other words, will a B- or B prevent me from getting into medical school?

Thanks for your advice!
A B-/B won't stop anyone from attending medical school. Finish the class, get the B, and learn from the struggles you had so you can get only As moving forward.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks again for the advice. Grateful for any other thoughts/opinions!

Ace the final, they might curve it, you may even be pleasantly surprised with a B+, of course depending on grade breakdowns and class averages.