Void the Dat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BossOfFloss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you void your Dat score after you have taken it but before you have even seen your score...I know you do that with the MCAT but im not sure about the DAT

Members don't see this ad.

No you can't void. they can void your score if they suspect you're cheating.

the only possible situation I can see a score being voided is that during the test their is a fire/power outage or something completely screwed over your testing opportunity.

In that case I'm sure they'll void it. But then you have the joy of taking the test a 2nd time.

they do it for the mcat i think because u dont get your scores instantaneously on teh screen after taking the test like u do on the DAT

Members don't see this ad :)
They should so do this for the DAT. That and unlimited attempts, and no 90 day waiting period between retakes.

No you can't void. they can void your score if they suspect you're cheating.

the only possible situation I can see a score being voided is that during the test their is a fire/power outage or something completely screwed over your testing opportunity.

In that case I'm sure they'll void it. But then you have the joy of taking the test a 2nd time.

You can't even void them if the power goes out. That happened to me during the second time i took the DAT and all the computers froze. In fact they made us take our 15 min break while they rebooted everything so i had my break in the middle of the biology section. So as was said above enjoy taking it again.

You can't even void them if the power goes out. That happened to me during the second time i took the DAT and all the computers froze. In fact they made us take our 15 min break while they rebooted everything so i had my break in the middle of the biology section. So as was said above enjoy taking it again.

I was thinking more along the lines of complete power outage. Or anything that the test center is just forced to tell you to go home.

So what happened afterward? did you just continue from the same spot?

What happened was we had to take our break and then start the test from the same spot the crappy part was that we didn't get another break so I really really had to use the bathroom by the time the end of the test came around. I had pretty well used the bathroom at the same time my break should hve been everyday for the week before my test. Just so I wouldn't have to use it durning the test and that tottaly back fired on me. After the test because of the power going out they couldn't give me a print out to fax the schools either. It just sucked all around. Wishbi culd hve voided that chance all together.

hm ok so in my kaplan class the instructor said u can void your score? they said at the end of the test you just don't hit submit scores and won't get sent? and if u leave the test midway it will appear as if u never took the test too

hm ok so in my kaplan class the instructor said u can void your score? they said at the end of the test you just don't hit submit scores and won't get sent? and if u leave the test midway it will appear as if u never took the test too

Technically that would make sense, but i'm sure they've already thought of that and there is probably a way to keep you from doing so.

Would you really want to risk your future of dental school for this "tactic"???

Just take it once and get it over with is the best answer.