This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0317todoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that I have read the past threads. However, they are a little outdated and I am not sure if things have changed since then. Also, I have more questions.

Let me start off by saying that I applied for the voc reha online, TWICE. I applied in February and received no contact from the VA. So I clicked that nice little link on ebenefits again last week. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?

A little about me. I am closely approaching graduation with an econ major and I was planning on doing my prereqs for med school afterwards. I made this decision prior to knowing about the voc rehab. In addition, after this semester, I will also only have 2 days left on my GI Bill. So taking into consideration that voc rehab might not go through, I decided to graduate before I complete my prereqs for med school.

Questions:
1) How long does it take to get a letter from the VA regarding the voc rehab?
2) Are there any of you in CA that have found VA friendly med schools?
3) What are my chances of getting the voc rehab after I graduate?
4) What does voc rehab pay for? And for how long?
5) Any tips for someone with two kids trying to go through premed and then med school?

Members don't see this ad.

#1 and #4 are covered in the other threads.
#2 is a weird question; they'll all accept your money.
No one can answer #3 I'm afraid.
My kid has fur, so I can't help with #5.

Reactions: 1 user
Except one of them has the main post updated every few months, and was only started about 2 years ago, and the other main one is less than 3 years old. Both have great info. Keep searching and make posts on those which have more traffic than this. And as Bombs mentioned, both questions are answered already.