visa FAQS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc_radio

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this post is meant for med grads applying for a B1/B2 visa to do any observership or to take CS

Also please visit www.immihelp.com it really helped me

Hi ppl I thought you might need some help for visa

make 2 files .
Academic file & financial file

Academic file must contain
1. DS156, 157, Passport, Visa interview letter
2. Degree/icc/Clock Hours/or a letter from dean in case you dont have degree
3. CS scheduling permit & confirmation of the date & visa letter sent by ECFMG
4. Step scores & if one of the scores isn't there then a proof that you have taken step1/2
5. CV
6. Any proof showing that u'll be doing research/observership/clerkship
7. Carry a health insurance document .. it helps them get convinced that you are responsible
8. You should be completely aware about your travel plans. in case he/she asks you where will you stay you should confidently answer Friend/Hotel/Relative.. You should also be certain how you will reach your place.. this was important for me. since I had three places to visit Miami/Houston & Galveston So I had to be ready for all of these questions
9. Carry a NOC if you are doing any job or JRship
10. Carry an itinerary of the booked flight(it's free of cost)

If they ask have you purchased flight tickets say no since you want to play safe. Usually they ask girls that wether they'll get married there & settled for that say I have such brilliant scores.. my carreeer is pretty imp. I don't plan to settle unless I'm a post graduate.

They also ask y do you want to go to US... Say I'm keenly interested in Research & US is a kind of a place where prospects for research are really good. First I'll go & see wether I can stay in that kind of a setting or not(this is an explanation for observership.. if you don have that .. sorry)

They might even ask about reservation thing these days.. talk to more ppl who have appeared lately that helps more.

they might even ask what are you future plns say I want to do residency but Want to return to India.. Show them that you are financially strong & want to have your own set up after return. You could tell them that since their Vascular Interventioanl Radiology is advanced I want to learn that & practice in India.. or think of something more innovative like that time I had thought that their genetics study about Rhematology is advanced & I want to do that & explore new possibilities... etc.. etc

Regarding financial file I'lll post more!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.